ya don't always get what you pay for.

just been down the river to flick some sp's using my brand new Berkly drop shot, 2 piece 8 foot 4>7kg, got hooked up in abit of weed,gave the rod aflick to free lure, result being rod snapped like a twig 18 inches from top.they are all style over substance so i will only stick with gay mart specials from now on.

i had a similar experience with a shimano technium plus rod used it once went out for a 2nd sess light drag settin went too pull the line down barley any drag at all and snapped clean in half .Although since then i brought a boss precision series graphite rod and havent looked back ,Guess theres always a bad apple in the bunch somewhere we just happened too be the poor suckers too pick it.MM

Yes you def have to take it easy when getting a snag off with graphite rods. Awesome power when they are being bent they way they are meant but any unnatural movement will see them snapping like toothpicks. Maybe see if there is anything on youtube about de-snaggin lures as i dont know if id be able to explain the technique i use properly lol. Dont give up on these rods mate as once you get used to them you wont wanna ever use anythin else.

The rod should have warranty ' date=' just take it in to where you got it and they should exchange it for you.[/quote']yes mate has i2 months warranty' i bought it at Cavan on one of my rare trips to Adelaide, i live in PtPirie, i really cant beilive how fragile this type of rod is, i'll stick with augly stix or similar in future as i'm not into power puff fishing.

Yep have to agree with Breambo and Ben M here! A technique I use with being heavily snagged don't flick the rod erratically just hold the rod parallel to the water, while holding the spool of the reel. The weed should either drag or away. Or you will bust your line, which is better than busting your rod I guess!!