Hi all,I'm looking at purchasing a new rod in the 10 to 12 foot range,for a spinning reel in the "2500" size range,to suit lines up to about 4kg.I have been looking at a Wilson Live Fibre Blackfish rod......which is 10' 6" and rated at 1 to 3kg..........I like this one ;) and at around $150,seems good value.Just wondering if any of you "tackle guru's" know of anything "comparable" that I can compare with the Live Fibre before I purchase.Budget to $250.Cheers in advance

If you are after 1-3kg with a sloppy action I have a new 9' Daiwa Heartland 3 piece here I'd be willing to part with for $100 if that interests you.I bought it myself for long casts over shallow flats for yellowfin, Bream, etc. I personally didnt like the long sloppy action, and opted to go back to a 7 footer.

jigger 315 is long enough and will balance nicely with a 2500 reel. It is quite crisp and fast actioned but is a very nice rod to use.

Kelvin I thought the Daiwa Sea Jigger 315 was better suited to salmon fishing and casting lures as I thought it had a 8-17lb rating and Daiwa recommended a 3000-4000 sized reel for it??Is this the same rod that your reccomending..cheers Brett??The only reason I ask is that I was looking at buying the Sea Jigger 315 for fishing for snapper off the stones and if your saying its light enough for whiting and mullet then I will need to look at something else.

Glad to hear you found a rod BombayDuck.

jigger 315 is long enough and will balance nicely with a 2500 reel. It is quite crisp and fast actioned but is a very nice rod to use.

Kelvin I thought the Daiwa Sea Jigger 315 was better suited to salmon fishing and casting lures as I thought it had a 8-17lb rating and Daiwa recommended a 3000-4000 sized reel for it??Is this the same rod that your reccomending..cheers Brett??The only reason I ask is that I was looking at buying the Sea Jigger 315 for fishing for snapper off the stones and if your saying its light enough for whiting and mullet then I will need to look at something else.
Brett, I've got 2 seajigger 315s and 2 of the 305s. The 315s balance well with a shimano 2500 reel and are my preferred jetty rods for tommies, gar, squid. They are more suited with 8lb to 10lb ine rather than the heavier stuff. You could fit a 4000 reel on them if it is light, but it starts to get a bit unbalanced. They are rated upto 55g but cast better at around 20g to 30g. But they have alot of power and I have landed a 20lb Eagle ray on the rod.The 305s balance nicely with a shimano 4000 reel and are my goto rods for heavier stuff such as salmon fishing with 40g lures and chucking out a big bait and sinker.
Glad to hear you found a rod BombayDuck.
Brett' date=' I've got 2 seajigger 315s and 2 of the 305s. The 315s balance well with a shimano 2500 reel and are my preferred jetty rods for tommies' date=' gar, squid. They are more suited with 8lb to 10lb ine rather than the heavier stuff. You could fit a 4000 reel on them if it is light, but it starts to get a bit unbalanced. They are rated upto 55g but cast better at around 20g to 30g. But they have alot of power and I have landed a 20lb Eagle ray on the rod.The 305s balance nicely with a shimano 4000 reel and are my goto rods for heavier stuff such as salmon fishing with 40g lures and chucking out a big bait and sinker.[/quote'']Cheers Kelvin, some great advice again..cant thank you enough... :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
  • 4 months later...