ST's and a few Bream from North Haven and St Kilda breakwalls. Everytime I get time to get out for anything else (mullies in West Lakes or out to semi reef) the weather turns bad and we end up cancelling. This Thursday will be the third (times a charm) that we've tried to get out for KG's.

Ive been doing okay on the times Ive braved the cold.caught a few salmon locally down south in the salt and caught a massive wrasse the other day.Been doing okay on some brown trout in the fresh, but no luck when chasing the big redfin with jewie a couple of weeks ago.I find it hard to get going. Its 6.53am now and Im up and its not yet light, and I got up to go fishing, and I should be packing my stuff to go for a fish, but Im just finding it hard to get moving and actually get out the door and chase some fish..its so much warmer in the comfort of the house.Its like this morning Ive got my cuppacino and the idea of watching shows of dudes getting into mega snapper seems more tempting than braving the cold...LOL

Well, the thought of a big salmon, did force me to head out this morning but off the stones the wind in the face and the non stop weed soon put an end to my session.Nothing today just weeded out!decided to bring what was left of my pillies home and freeze again for another day. There were only two other anglers on the rocks who arrived well after me. I got there just after first light. They seemed to be having as much trouble as me with the wind blowing sideways and the chronic weed.Still better than staying home.Brett

Heading to Wallaroo again early next week. Where abouts the mullet being caught? Was going to try Wallaroo marina as the jetty has not been producing for me.Cheers.Sam

have got mullet "easily" from Port Clinton through to Port Vincent since Easter......all between 30 and 40cm.......occasional one up to 45cm.morning tides have had better results over the afternoons in my experience.
I find it hard to get going. Its 6.53am now and Im up and its not yet light' date=' and I got up to go fishing, and I should be packing my stuff to go for a fish, but Im just finding it hard to get moving and actually get out the door and chase some fish..its so much warmer in the comfort of the house.[/quote']I had one of the worst weeks for sometime. Long story, but by Friday night getting up at 530am for a fish was the last thing I wanted to do. Felt like poo, bloodworms had just run, fish are slowing and my sorry head was pounding like a jackhammer. After the kids went to bed, I wandered to the shed in my dressing gown, and started pottering around. Greased a few reels, tied a few leaders, sorted out a draw of reel parts and tied some good knots. By the time I had a light stick rigged up and my big ugly daiwa stik ready, I selected the tackle and tape measure and knife I wanted and packed the old faithful back pack and layed out ten layers of clothes. You know what??? Even this made me feel better, like a kind of meditation..... The male equivalent of knitting :laugh: 530am Saturday morning I woke up in a pool of my own drool, so comfortable I coulda slept for eternity. I peeled myself outta bed and as I finished the hottest cup of coffee in the history of man, my dad rocked up and we were off. It was an absolutely sensational winters morning weather wise. Brisk but still. I met ALE who was great company and although we didn't crack our target legal Bream/big school of ST/school jew, it was thoroughly enjoyable. When I got home at 11am I was refreshed and reset ready for the weekend and to take on the world again head on come Monday.Winter will test ya for sure, but if you thrust yourself out the door, just like ripping off a band aide, you will be rewarded.... I'll admit you may not land your trophy fish, but sometimes we forget that the trophy fish isn't necessarily why we go fishing anyway ;)Tight lines all you Winter bastard fisho's B)