Which Rod would buy for the Baitrunner?

Hey guys. Just wondering, as i have a Shimano BTR 6000D and wanted to know your thoughts as to which rod (boat use for Snapper, Mulloway) you would put it on? I don't have a great budget to work on and pretty much out of touch with all the new technology aswell :( . Was hoping a good rod would cost less than $200 but i have no idea. I don't want to walk into a tackle store knowing bugger all and getting touched up on price or worse, buying a peice of shit :c .Cheers in advance...Mick

HiI bought an Azagaie AB172 from Pacifics, costing only $40, and have been amazed what I can do with it.Best has been a 4-5 ft wide Smoothie pulling the boat sideways against wind and tide :blink: The whole time I expected it to shatter into a gazillion pieces :laugh::laugh: , but it pulled through :ohmy: Its teamed with a 4500 size BR, the 6500 may or may not be too big for it :unsure: maybe an option for you ;)

Mate, for the money, I'd go for a Shimano T-Curve Revolution Offshore 701SW 6-12kg. I have one myself that I use for a Snapper rod with a 4500J Phantom coupled up to it. Very nice outfit. Others use them for Tuna and Smaller Sharks and Rays. $179.00 at Ray & Anne's (Where I got mine from) $179.00 at MoTackle with their delivery charge on top, but $209.95 from BCF.

HiI bought an Azagaie AB172 from Pacifics, costing only $40, and have been amazed what I can do with it.Best has been a 4-5 ft wide Smoothie pulling the boat sideways against wind and tide :blink: The whole time I expected it to shatter into a gazillion pieces :laugh::laugh: , but it pulled through :ohmy: Its teamed with a 4500 size BR, the 6000 may be too big for it :unsure: Possibly an option for you. No doubt if you walk into any of the site sposors shops or anywhere reputable you'd get looked after ;)

I use 2 baitrunners for mullies 8000 and 9000 sized matched up with 7ft rods 10-15kg. no named brands off ebay, just coz i couldnt afford something better at the time, but i've caught 45lb mulloway, numerous rays and snapper with them, and not a fault still. i like to use rods with a stiff butt and softer tip, allows you to cast out far and feel every touch from the fish. (both rods were under 50bux total) and i wont update til they fail on me and i fish with them a few times a week.

Having seen what the Revo offshore 701SW 6-12kg can do, I would be trying to get myself one of these. Matt is right the crystal powertips are a great robust rod, but the T-curve is in a class of its own. The T-curve is quite possibly going to be my replacement rod that I get to replace a broken Saltiga. And believe me its not going to be that much of a step down. The Revo is fricken awesome.It has power to burn and pulling big fish in with it is effortless!I reckon it would be a super Mulloway stick, having seen that it can handle snapper with ease!With it being 6-12kg means it can handle anything from light sinkers ie fishing virtually unweighted all the way through to full snapper leads and livies.

4THA and I both bought a Shimano BTR 6000D each about 6 mths ago, he put his on a light Lucanus TCurve and myself put one a medium Lucanus for catching Mullies and snapper. Good watching them load up through the butt and also very powerfull. B)I think they have been replaced by the Terez range now, as I can only see the Deep jig range in the latest catalogs

I have just brought out a brand of rods that I design myself. We build tough lightweight rods for local conditionsMy most expensive boat rod is $55 and they are very well made and finished. Comparable with any major brand in quality and finish but a third to half the priceYou are welcome to come down to my place and look through them or see me at the upcoming 4wd camping and fishing show this weekend on the "Tacklebusters" standIf you mention the "strike and hook site" you will be looked after price wise ;) Hopefully our reels will be delivered in time. We are selling 6000 baitrunners with 8 ball bearings for around $75 - How does that compare with the shimano?We keep our prices down because we are an online shop or only at trade fairs. Our site will be up and running soon thanks to "woody" off here - another strike and hook member. It will be Tacklebusters.com.au. A bit like ebay with price but local enough to trial and see with a backup guarantee and you can pick upWe did the Midura show last weekend and literally sold a trailer load of rods with some excellent feedback. Our light "barra" stick was the best seller for the mildura yellowbelly perch anglersWe do a 6' jigmaster that would suit you perfectly for a fixed spool reel baitrunner at $50 minus your 10% S and H discountDrop me a pm or give me a callStuart 0405 320 862

• 2 weeks later...
Mate' date=' for the money, I'd go for a Shimano T-Curve Revolution Offshore 701SW 6-12kg. I have one myself that I use for a Snapper rod with a 4500J Phantom coupled up to it. Very nice outfit. Others use them for Tuna and Smaller Sharks and Rays. $179.00 at Ray & Anne's (Where I got mine from) $179.00 at MoTackle with their delivery charge on top, but $209.95 from BCF.[/quote']This is the rod I ended up grabbing! Great rod and the 6000d fits nicely on it :). Thanks for all the replies guys.
Mate' date=' for the money' date=' I'd go for a Shimano T-Curve Revolution Offshore 701SW 6-12kg. I have one myself that I use for a Snapper rod with a 4500J Phantom coupled up to it. Very nice outfit. Others use them for Tuna and Smaller Sharks and Rays. $179.00 at Ray & Anne's (Where I got mine from) $179.00 at MoTackle with their delivery charge on top, but $209.95 from BCF.[/quote'']This is the rod I ended up grabbing! Great rod and the 6000d fits nicely on it :). Thanks for all the replies guys.
Thats great, you'll have some serious fun now :clap::clap: I reckon the overheads are even better. :lol: