sharkin season 2011

Is that mono or Braid?I was thinking more 50LB... just incase the big one come along.

mono mate.. 50 is good but ul only get around 350 - 400 meters, and if u do run into a big one u might c ur spool. but with 50 u can also put more hurt on the fish.. all my reels are spooled with 30 pound just for more capacity :)
Hopefully it is a good season for everyone.Question' date=' i have a TLD25 i am going to spool for sharking (yes i know it's not the idel reel, but will do)How heavy should i go? and i am thinking ill just fill it with mono, instead of running mono/braid.[/quote']The specs on them they had 600yards of 30lb you could get lucky but you might be pushing your luck, off a boat youd be fine but jetty can get you into trouble, maybe look into something like 500m of braid then albright knot it to as much 30lb mono you can fit ontop of that braid. remember to make room for a wind on leader.

Yer shark fishing,hi guys i use tld25's with 24kg mono,80lb leader and then wire trace or use tyrnos 30's with the same set up or more of a challange use tekota 800's with 30lb mono,i use a boat and have been towed up and down the gulf chasing sharks once hooked man some of them can run some times you think the reels going to melt,bad news wife said she is not shark fishing again so when the time comes will be looking for shark fishing company.