holes in the sand can often turn out to be a useless variety of wormTheres sometimes darker coloured sand around the hole, and it will often be spurting out sand as a wave recedes. Put a kids bike tyre around a siv so it floats - then pump what you get up into it to seperate the nipper. Sure is frustrating without one :laugh:

G"day Scissors,some good tips from the lads.I am sure you would be able to get them up around pirie ( snapperhead a member on here knows a lot about the area,he may be able to give some good oil]I am not overly familiar with that side of the gulf but moonta,port hughes you can get them,even down to hardwick they are about.I get mine all down the eastern side from Tiddy Widdy to Edithburg.Look for tidal flats,best spots i"ve found is areas where that grassy looking weed grows along the bottom, any clear spots around this is good,you can get them anywhere on the flats but they seem to form big colonies in these places.The tell tale sign of a clicker hole is they look like a tiny volcano, and it will have a little groove in the top of it ,this is formed by the critter forcing water out cleaning its hole.That said when just starting out pump any hole,and you will soon work out which are best.Very delicate bait,they can come apart easily if cast hard,long shank baitholders,threaded from the tail end and out through just in front of the head.These are some i pumped,if you look close just below the centre is a little brown one,these are even better than the pink ones for bait.From memory out of this lot got 3 big bream and 2 flatties.Not many fish wont take them B)Posted Image

Does anyone know many metro spots for them?I have pumped a few from the banks of the Onk but only a FEW. Whilst fishing on the Southport Beach footbridge, I once watched a guy pump all the way from the mouth to the bridge without getting any. (This put me off the onk a bit).As a keen YFW fisho, I use bungums but would also like to add nippers to my arsenal.Help would be appreciated.Cheers.