Ugly Stiks in Kmart any good? recommendations.

Hi all,Been looking at possible getting an ugly stik spinning reel combo from Kmart or elsewhere. I mainly do fishing either in the Murray river or recently at west lakes and the like. What would you guys recommend as a good choice for a rod and reel combo that is not expensive. Unfortunately I have limited budget and would most likely need to save for it. I heard the ugly sticks are good, but what about the reel, and what ugly stik rod, there seems to be a few out there...Look forward to your comments.

Ugly sticks were great rods when they first came out, and dont seem to have gone backwards since in quality ( not that I'm aware of anyway )Unless you're buying from a tackle shop though, you'll often find the reel is a cheapy added on to a decent rod to help sell the package.Might be worth holding off a bit and getting just the rod from a discount place for your budget, then saving for a seperate, decent reel ;)