Backwater Mud Munchers

Took a trip up to the River Murray this morning with a mate to chase some Backwater mud munchers. We scored a couple and I found it great fun stalking and presenting the flies to the carp, very visual and very explosive when they feel the hook. It was good fun presenting the fly to them and watch them turn and engulf it, then hit the afterburners. The water was only about a foot and a half deep and they fly was visible through that depth so it made for good sport. We spooked alot of fish in the deeper sections and John scored one from the casting platform then the wind came up to about 40 klm/hr later in the morning so we called it a day. I will strike a day with no wind one day but the only way I can think of defeating it is to buy myself a windsurfer then I can guarantee it won't ever blow because old Huey upstairs hates to see me get what I want .Here's a couple of pics for a good day out.Cheers DarrenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image