• 2 months later...

Got my first barra's on a recent trip to the NT, corroborre billabong all on un-weighted soft plastics rigged weedless amongst the lillies pads... Most ranged from 65-80cm and were a real handfull amongst the weeds..I got few Saratoga as well between 50-60cm...Great fun and I would highly recommend fishing the top end, it'll be a regular on my fishing calender from here on in..Cheers Shauno size=800http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/t0gF6u5O__barra_post.jpg[/img]

Heres me biggest barra that i hav a photo of! Not big but fun none the less!! No seriously :D Everytime i nuged the metre mark we neva had a camera :icon_evil: + it was usually on live bait so that doesnt count in my eyes! ;) this silver beauty was one of many caught at my fav spot down the daly! Use 2 brain them on 5" vivith shads in perch! When all else failed good ol nils colour 70 did the job!Best part bout this spot was u would get up in the mornin hav a bird bath (keepin a keen eye on the 5fter on the other side of the xing) :'( and enjoy a cold beer while u collected everyones snagged lures from the night b4?? Along with some of ya own! >:( It was a luxuary wen we got to take the boat!! Cos there was nothin worse wen a big horse would boof u right at your feet at night which would send u well up the bank!! :icon_eek:[img size=432http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/SC64RKGm__barra.jpg[/img]

Yeah definately!! Theres not one mundi i havnt had fun fighting :icon_e_surprised: Id much rather hav a sesh on med size, so much more fun ;D Yeah thats happened 2 a mate of mine it was like he was skull dragging in a big log?? The little fellas r so much more acrobatic! u can hav a great time on light gear come wet season in the many colverts scattered through the country side, small barra and taropn r great fun especially wen u can fish for them on the way home from work! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

This is my biggets shore based mungi 112cm from Buffalo creek boat ramp. This girl was taken on a bills bug fizzer. Unfortunatly she was unable to be released as she boofed the lure that hard it went into her gills and she bleed quite heavly after she was landed. size=1792http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/38tBur09__DSCF3217___Copy.JPG[/img]

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...