when soft plastics go hard?

OK, please pardon the nooby question that follows. I've just got into this soft plastic and lure thing.So i did some fishing with soft plastics on the weekend. Enjoyed using some berkley minnows on some jig heads. I didn't catch anything but got a few follows and got the hang of the action they make in the water etc.Anyway I left the rig in the boot of my car for afew days with the soft plastics still on the jig heads. What do i find today...hard plastics. :dry: I'm soaking them in water at the moment but i'm guessing that will be fruitless. should I chuck em and learn from mistakes?

First thing mate gulp isn't a plastic its a soft bait.Real soft plastics do not dry up , shrink and go hard. Soaking in water will soften them to get the off your hooks if you have left them on, its a lesson everyone needs to learn first hand,On a hot day +40 degree gulp will go like that in under an hour if its not being used.

Gulp! are a great bait but I find that what you need to do is take them out of their packet straight away and put them in a little airtight screw-top jar. This way they stay fresh. The zip-locks on the packets they come in are horrible.As soon as you finish using them, pop them back in the jar and they will stay good for ages.Powerbaits and Squidies generally don't have this problem.

This is a great topic, because on a couple of occasions I have left a jerk shad 7" on my jig heads in the sun when boat fishing and a day or two later found myself having to cut it off with a knife on the kitchen sink or chopping board.And this is not easy as it sets like glue. Its almost impossible to recover the jig head at times..lol.If only Jigheads werent so expensive it wouldnt matter, but at this stage we either need to take the plastic off the head before we let it "bake" on there or pay the price of having to remove the plastic with pliers and a knife later..lol.I just put any used plastics back in my Plano Bottle of plastics. These are fantastic. Ive got oodles of juice to keep em moist and you can see what youve got no probs.