FCSA Meeting 21 minutes?

A Fisheries Council of South Australia meeting (#21) was presumably held on the 7th of March,http://fisheriescouncil.sa.gov.au/key_dateswith a Meeting 22 scheduled for 17th of May. At time of writing, the minutes for Meeting 21 are still not available on the website,http://fisheriescouncil.sa.gov.au/council_meetings_-_minutessaid meeting having been intended to include, from this link http://fisheriescouncil.sa.gov.au/latest_newsthe following subject matter;"The next meeting of the Fisheries Council will be held on 7 March 2012 with the main focus being on the draft commercial Marine Scalefish Fishery Management Plan and the Recreational Fishing Strategic Plan.""During October stakeholder meetings were held to gain input from regions on local recreational fishing issues. This information will feed into a state-wide strategic plan and subsequent management plan for recreational fishing, due for completion in mid 2012. A draft Recreational Fishing Strategic Plan will be presented to the Fisheries Council at its March meeting."I am guessing we may not see the draft plan itself for another 1-2 months (at least?) but surely a month is sufficient time to publish meeting minutes? At this rate the May meeting will be held before the March minutes are released... :unsure:

Yes Brentonn...It is never easy to stay positive about the future of recreational fishing in SA.I figured out long ago that I was hated for being a recreational angler well before I posted on here or lobbied against the demands/science of other stakeholders.Industry sectors and the conservation movement will see us gone before they are happy.This is why the UN Vice chair on biodiversity said...."Conservation initiatives focus too little on the real drivers of biodiversity loss and the resource demands of the rich world, instead they criminalise local communities and often promote violence against them".You can bet your bottom dollar that this comment came from sitting at too many meetings around the world where communities rights were shafted by the self indulgent.TB

• 1 month later...

Well if the minutes are controversial and shafting the Recs again they might not publish until they release the new regs.Then you don't have to worry about pissed off reccies making noise and creating a public nuisance........Its worked before. cheers brenton

Looks like Brenton might be right on the money kon? TB