pex braid is ok. the regular pex is 4 strand and breaks well above what is stated. there's also pex 8 carrier braid 8 strands a bit better quality but very thick for breaking strain. but overall its worth 30bux for 500 yards delivered to your door. check out rays outdoors they may have or may not have asari braid its 6 strands and 19bux for a 300yd spool, from gillies. for the price its a bargain i brought a dozen spools, now i never need to buy braid again for a decade ;)

Right now i got PEX 6lb on my okuma flame. Seems to be quiet decent and 30 bux for 500m isnt bad either :P Im also running a brand called "hicatch" on one of my bigger reels at 60lb. Muscled in a 100lb+ ray not too long ago so its also good. But as alot of people would tell you better brands = better quality. But if ur a cheapo like me then ur good :D

bought a 1500m spool of 8lb sambo elite jigking braid in natural green.. (hmmmm) softy and i have spooled up a dozen small reels with it and has never failed us. i have enough for 2 more spools.. and im saving it.. lol i ant find it anywhere else. but i think its changed names. ebay braids can be hit and miss.. well this one is a hit to both me and softy!!!!

I just purchased 300 yards of 100lb green power pro braid delivered to my door from the USA for $44.300 yards of 80lb power pro at my local shop is $85.What deals on brand name braids have you got?

Fins windtamer 300yard spools for $10. Bought 10 packs of different strength and delivered for another $20 to OZ. That's me sorted for half my reels.Found its supple and good enough. As good as Bassman or YGK or similar.Buying a well known brand in bulk and splitting it with your mates is the best way to go.

Have tried the ebay braids in 10lb and 30lb. Have used it for a year and Iv'e lost some good fish purely because it doesn't meet nor exceed its advertised breaking strain. Your money your choice but I would invest in quality braid for the same fact that you invest in quality reels and rods. Yes good braid isn't cheap locally but get a quality brand you wont regret it later.Power Pro is dirt cheap anyway on Ebay and that is waaay better.Here's a good link to a guy who tests almost every braid out there : http://www.paulusjustfishing.com/index.htm

I bought 500 meters of 50lb multi coloured braid from an aussie seller on ebay for $39.00 delivered. Have been using it for months, not an issue yet!! I have pulled in some good size kings and shark on it, no problems bar the fact i learnt the hard way that you need to spool your line with some mono first!!

Thanks for the replies' date='I will grab some locally I think.[/quote']E-Bay is fine as long as you stick to quality brands from reputable sellers.I know i saved around $30 by getting a 300 yard spool of 100lb Power pro from the USA.