i have recently bought a Stella 10000 spooled with 60lb braid which i matched to a deep jig 200 Tcurve rod. i am also thinking that i might buy a second rod for the reel that is a little bit longer and more sensitive for flicking lures, possibly bottom bashing etc. as the title suggests i have been looking at shimanos range of Terez rods as i have heard some good things about them. does anyone here own a Terez rod and have any feedback for me on it? also, any of the boys working in a tackle shop, any recommendations on which Terez to get (or recommend a different rod if you think there is something better).cheers :fishing:

I got to play with these at the Shimano product show last year. I put a lot of effort into trying to break one with no luck at all. Was giving it as much stick as I could and just getting a chuckle out of the Shimano rep. They seem very competently built and quite comfortable/balanced.That being said, I haven't actually used one but a couple of our regulars out of St Kilda own them and they all give them the thumbs up.

just found this thread from about 8 months ago http://www.strikehook.com/forum/35-bait-tackle/181092-first-look-at-the-new-terez the rods sound pretty promising. to match to my 60lb i was looking at one of the 40 - 80lb rated rods 7ft spin xtra heavy fast taper or the 6'9 spin heavy fast taper. i was thinking the latter, opinions?

G'day mate I have the Terez 40-80XH PW 7foot8.Iv'e only had time with it so far to have one good session fishing with it chasing big kings, haven't hooked a fish on it yet, but have thrown big Waxwings, 150gm Williamson Abyss jigs (and I mean cast them out very good distances) and 7 inch plastics on 2oz jig heads with ease.This thing is a beast! I really really love it, and can't wait to get out again with big poppers like the Yo-Zuri Sashimi bull popper etc in summer.This rod will definately stop some monsters. I have been nothing but impressed with it from the get go and for value for money you really cant beat them.PS you will need to be super fit and have ripped arms to do a few hours throwing poppers or jigs with a 60lb outfit. Im going to the gym these days to get my Kingfish Cannons in better shape

• 3 months later...