What is the most bizarre lure in your collection?

After the purchase of a few more lures last week, I decided today to have a long overdue re-organisation of my lure storage and trotted off to my local BCF and grabbed another Plano 3700 to “spread the load”. It surprised the hell out of me how many lures I had accumulated in the last decade or so. While I was going through the lures (we’re talking mainly HBs here), I had a few “WTF” moments – then thought, I wonder what the hell else is lurking about in other people’s lure collections? I have probably been guilty of purchasing some fairly wacky items over the years and I tender the following as evidence, Your Honour: 005.JPG006_2012-08-10.JPGAfter the passage of years, I forget what it was called...but I vaguely recall it was supposed to be a gun lure for Trouties and I reckon I purchased via mail order from MO Tackle.What are your personal tackle box embarrassments?Cheersaf

A couple lures from the days back in the Northeast of the US chasing striped bass in the surf.The one on top is a bottle plug, used in heavy surf it will swim with a nice wiggle when it's too rough for normal lipped swimmers.The one on the bottom is a darter, used in strong currents like river mouths, the sloped face causes the lure to dart around in the current like a struggling bait fish and it also mimics the movements of a squid(which this one is painted to resemble). They also work well fished in heavy surf conditions.P1010512.JPG