Large White Pointer on Leeton tug

recieved a pic yesterday on my phone....from a pro fisherman fishing the leeton tug off whyalla....it made off with 11 snapper from his hooks,before surfacing for an eyeball...estimated around the 15-17ft mark.and agressive female... then left the area....no doubt it will hang around as long as there is food around....ive yet to see one.( but did see something on the surface 100mtres from the rocks eating a stingray). but my bro managed to hook a whitey about 7 mths ago on the same spot...well he didnt actually hook the white, there was a snapper in its belly with my bro's hooks inside of the snapper, it got angry, hit the back of the boat and spooled his abu7000... by the time he managed to get the drag locked up while looking for a knife to cut the line,the line broke company.... he had less than half the line left on the reel.have seen the short video of the run on phone....damn quick.

There must be a few biggies around... I had a Great White take a snapper the other week when I was fishing out down the bottom end of St Vinnies Gulf, that one was bout 15 ft long and 3 to 4 feet across the head. My camera was still initialising as it came past for second look so I missed out on a pic

recieved a pic yesterday on my phone....from a pro fisherman fishing the leeton tug off whyalla....it made off with 11 snapper from his hooks,before surfacing for an eyeball...estimated around the 15-17ft mark.and agressive female... then left the area....no doubt it will hang around as long as there is food around....ive yet to see one.( but did see something on the surface 100mtres from the rocks eating a stingray). but my bro managed to hook a whitey about 7 mths ago on the same spot...well he didnt actually hook the white, there was a snapper in its belly with my bro's hooks inside of the snapper, it got angry, hit the back of the boat and spooled his abu7000... by the time he managed to get the drag locked up while looking for a knife to cut the line,the line broke company.... he had less than half the line left on the reel.have seen the short video of the run on phone....damn quick.

What are these 'rocks' you refer to? Outer Harbour?

What are these 'rocks' you refer to? Outer Harbour?
black point whyalla.... cant say for sure if it was a white, but something was making mincemeat out that stingray..... took a pic on my phone cam but just too far away to make it out clearly.....but they are around... without a doubt.... ive seen pics of a baby dolphin bit in half on the other side around near the kingfish pens....and in the 70's a bloke was bitten by a shark near the lighthouse...his brother saved him.....and you get these numbskulls that dive the area to look at the cuttlefish? shark bait waiting to happen.......
  • 3 weeks later...

large white pointer spotted on mareks reef whyalla last week...hes hanging around.....check out this pic , look at the bloke standing up in his small tinny, hes none the wiser as to whats swimming near him....NO DOUBT IF YOU HAVE EVER FISHED WHYALLA YOU WILL RECOGNISE MT YOUNG IN THE BACKGROUND....

Where did they come from then? you probably should post other people photos on the net..The same photos are on Fishsa.com apparently taken by a local charter operator

I would definately agree that you SHOULDN'T post other people's work! It's plagiarism, it's unethical, it's wrong and it may even breach copyrights......UNLESS of course you cite your source to give credit to the owner of the work, which is a very common practice and which WAS done in this instance.
and:

a few other pics from the local paper last week.....

which was backed up with:

also heard a story about a charted boat operator a few weeks ago.....

If the local newspaper this story came from didn't cite their source, I'd suggest that's one to take up with the local Whyalla press, bacause that would imply they're claiming ownership of this work (which may well be the case as they could have purchased the rights to the photos-another common practice)!

well since i didnt see a little c with a ring around it in the corner,i assume its not copywritten....IF I KNEW WHO TOOK THE PICTURES I WOULD GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE....when i owned my corvette, i found a fair ammount of photos on the net....doesnt bother me one bit...in fact i took is as a compliment. thats fine....next time i get some interesting photos i wont bother.....wont be me that misses out..... consider the photos removed from this site.....

Who caresIts a photo of a shark!!

got sent another pic on phone of a 16ft aggresive female today....pic taken by a pro fisher friend of mine....in clear water and flat conditions....if enough interest i will post the pic up, thats unless its not the right thing to do.....

chuck em up mate.Dont worry about one persons opinion theres hundreds of us who would love to see em

hey rocknev awsome pics old mate pro fisherman has been seein some good ones aye havent spoke to him in a while mate...... was out last nite and hooked a good snapper, fish was pritty docile doin the normal snapper thing then all of sudden just exploded and afetr a short run gotcha all went slack :icon_e_biggrin: decided to move drop after that :icon_lol: