Looking for unlicensed boat hire in adelaide

Hi! so basically me and some mates are coming down to adelaide next week on a road trip from melbourne. We are looking to hire a boat but none of us have a boat license, nor a trailer. Here in melb you can hire a boat and launch straight off the beach and we're looking for something like that..I've done some searching and can only find a few places that do hire out unlicensed boats but require you to tow it to your own destination.So if anybody knows of a place in adelaide or anywhere within a decent range that hires out unlicensed boats right off the coast it would be much appreciated if you could give me some info!Cheers!

Hi Guys. seeing you are coming over from Melbourne ,would it not be a good idea to get in touch with 1 of our Charters there are plenty of them and between you ,you can share the cost . at least they will put you onto fish, just remember that the month of November is a NO Catch of our Snapper

I reckon you are out of luck with that one Im not aware of any such places that hire boats along our shores.Many years ago they did at St Kilda maybe the marina at West Beach but I think you are whistling Dixie mate.cheerssnapps

Yeah, you are outta luck down here mate. Anything with a motor requires a licence.I remember when I lived in QLD, there were little tinnies I used to hire up on a sunshine coast lake.... It was killa, you could leave the lake and fish all these little saltwater creek channels and that.... Absolutely brilliant. Was like 20 or $50 and we went exploring and catchin wicked little jacks and emporer all day... So I know what you mean, but even the licenced boats for hire here are pretty pricey and not all that good man. Way better taking a charter, but November it's snapper ban. Good idea would be to bring yer rods and hire some kayaks. Launch em at a place called garden island and there's a heap of ship wrecks that hold bream and small salmon and mulloway if you're lucky, then paddling the mangrove creeks is sensational fun.Heaps of dolphins and rays to avoid too. If it were me, that's what I would do ;) Cheers

Hi jrp131191,The closest place I can think off that you would have a chance if they still hire out boats is Nelson on the S.A Vic border in the Glenelg River me & my family hired a half cab they're about 4 years ago you don't need boat license & was very cheap. Cant remember the name of the company but just google Glenelg river boat hire it'll pop up, plenty of bream & mulloway in there to catch.