SA boaters not happy!

Yeah I was reading this earlier today. If you read things like this page http://www.dpti.sa.gov.au/recboatingfacilities it makes it sound like the levy money is put in some special fund that can't be touched other than for facilities....What do you think has happened with the money? (in bold below) :)Relevant legislation relating to the Facilities Levy Fund:Harbors and Navigation Regulations 2009

Part 15—Facilities Fund215—Facilities levyA facilities levy of the amount fixed by Schedule 14 is payable on the registration,inspection or survey of a vessel and, in accordance with section 90A(4) of the Act, acertificate of registration, inspection or survey will not be issued for the vessel untilthe levy is paid.216—Boating facility advisory committee(1) There is to be a committee to advise the Minister on any variation of the amounts ofthe facilities levies, and the application of the Facilities Fund, under section 90A ofthe Act.(2) The committee is to consist of a maximum of 8 members appointed by the Minister ofwhom—(a) 1 must be a person nominated by the Boating Industry Association of SouthAustralia Incorporated; and(B) 1 must be a person nominated by the South Australian Recreational BoatingCouncil Incorporated; and© 1 must be a person nominated by the South Australian Recreational FishingAdvisory Council Incorporated; and(d) 1 must be a person nominated by the Local Government Association of SouthAustralia; and(e) 2 must be persons who, in the opinion of the Minister, have experience in theoperation of commercial vessels (with at least 1 having experience in thecommercial fishing industry).(3) At least 1 member of the committee must be a woman and 1 a man.(4) The Minister may appoint a person to be a deputy of a member of the committee andthe deputy may act as a member of the committee in the absence or during atemporary vacancy in the office of that member.(5) If a person is appointed as a member of the committee on the nomination of a body, aperson appointed as his or her deputy must also be appointed on the nomination of thatbody.(6) If a body fails to nominate a person within 6 weeks of a written request to do so fromthe Minister, the Minister may appoint such person as the Minister thinks fit and thatperson will be taken to have been duly appointed as a member or deputy member (asthe case may require) of the committee.(7) A member of the committee will be appointed for a term not exceeding 2 years and, atthe expiration of a term of appointment, will be eligible for reappointment.(8) A member of the committee is entitled to such fees and allowances as may bedetermined by the Minister.(9) The Minister may remove a member of the committee from office on any ground thatthe Minister considers sufficient.(10) The office of a member of the committee becomes vacant if the member—(a) dies; or(B) completes a term of office and is not reappointed; or© resigns by written notice to the Minister; or(d) is removed from office by the Minister under subregulation (9).(11) An act of the committee is not invalid by reason only of a vacancy in its membershipor a defect in the appointment of a member.(12) The Minister will appoint 1 member of the committee to be the presiding member ofthe committee and may appoint 1 member to be the deputy presiding member.(13) The presiding member of the committee or, in his or her absence, the deputy presidingmember (if a deputy presiding member has been appointed), will preside at anymeetings of the committee.(14) Subject to these regulations and any directions of the Minister, the committee mayconduct its business in such manner as it thinks fit.

Harbors and Navigation Act 1993

90A—Facilities Fund(1) The Facilities Fund is established.(2) The Fund must be kept as directed by the Treasurer.(3) The Fund is to consist of—(a) facilities levies payable under the regulations on the registration, inspection orsurvey of vessels; and(B) income from investment of money belonging to the Fund.(4) A certificate of registration, inspection or survey will not be issued for a vessel untilany levy payable on the registration, inspection or survey is paid.(5) The Minister may, with the approval of the Treasurer, invest any of the moneybelonging to the Fund that is not immediately required for the purposes of the Fund insuch manner as is approved by the Treasurer.(6) The Fund may be applied by the Minister towards—(a) establishing, maintaining and improving facilities for use in connection withvessels; and(B) the payment of expenses of administering the Fund.

At least 1 member of the committee must be a woman and 1 a man.

Groan... :whistle:Transport Minister Pat Conlon blamed the rise in unspent levy on a fall in applications for funding by local councils, which under a protocol are asked to meet 50 per cent of funding for a project.How very convenient to have such a protocol with councils being short of money and all.

Comes as no suprise at all, thieving mongrels. My bet it's not sitting idle at all but probably being "invested" in new bar facilities for Adelaide oval members that i'll never see. :angry: I have no faith at all in the Redmond led Libs, they would have to be the most inaffective and reactive opposition this state has seen in decades.This state really is screwed.

Comes as no suprise at all' date=' thieving mongrels. My bet it's not sitting idle at all but probably being "invested" in new bar facilities for Adelaide oval members that i'll never see. :angry: I have no faith at all in the Redmond led Libs, they would have to be the most inaffective and reactive opposition this state has seen in decades.This state really is screwed.[/quote']How far away is another State Bank type debacle :S :c
Comes as no suprise at all' date=' thieving mongrels. My bet it's not sitting idle at all but probably being "invested" in new bar facilities for Adelaide oval members that i'll never see. :angry: I have no faith at all in the Redmond led Libs' date=' they would have to be the most inaffective and reactive opposition this state has seen in decades.This state really is screwed.[/quote'']How far away is another State Bank type debacle :S :c
How far away? We've surpassed it already. Watch out for 2013. Rann and co inc Jay are gonna make John Bannana and Tim Marcus Clarke look like saints.