Chasing Carp in the Torrens

mickyj, where still trying to figure that one out, when we had them eating bread on the surface it was after an old lady had been feeding the ducks and there was tons of left over bread on the surface... I have accidently hooked one before and that seemed to scare them off... hehehe :D

No worries Luke in recent weeks I have had ducks water hens and water rats all have a feast on the bread .With the water hens chase my flies !!

Ah I see. U guys do it differently to me. If I was fishing light, its my main line that is light, tied to a heavier leader and then my trace.Probably harder the way u do it coz there'd be less stretch and forgiveness in the line. So your captures on light tackle are probably more noteworthy.Luke what if you tie the leader to the braid instead of teh other way? Assuming u use an albright, wrap the mono around the braid instead of the braid around the mono? Or does the braid pull through on account of its finish?Does that make sense?