Shark Shield: The good oil

A belated Merry Christmas to all and Happy New Year to all also.To the topic.Over the last few months I've noticed much talk amongst the Kayak fishos, and some spear fishermen, on the topic of shark shields. There was also a thread mentioning the work of Dr Charles Huveneers with said shark shield. At the RAH Hyperbaric Unit we run a Divers Forum every year where we try and get guest speakers to present topics of interest to the local sport diving community. This year we have been fortunate enough to get Dr Huveneers to agree to present his research work with Shark Shields and Great White Sharks. As this topic may be interesting to the 'Yak fishers and spearos as well as any sport divers on the forum, Bjorn has agreed to let me advertise this presentation on Strike & Hook.Date is 13th February and cost will be $20.00 per ticket, bookings are essential. All details on the attached pdf.This is usually a well attended event, informative and fun. Guided tours of the Hyperbaric unit for those interested are provided after the presentations.Hope to catch up with some of you there.CheersWahoo

RAHDiversForum2013.pdf

• 1 month later...

@ THF Inside a pool fence is the only way my missus will go swimming for just that reason.@JM. Yeah, they did release the findings last year. Personally I always like listening to presentations as you often get to hear little anecdotes, some of which can be pure gold, which don't make it into peer reviewed scientific papers. Depends on the presenter of course, I've not yet heard Dr Huveneers so can't comment on his style.Dr Harris (the other presenter) on the other hand I know is an entertaining speaker and for the divers on here he is a well known cave and technical diver.