Stansbury Thieves

On the weekend we went over to stansbury for a short getaway. Fishing, camping etc. Once leaving the jetty my tacklebox fell out of the back of the ute, once realising what had happened, I took a U-turn down the street and drove back (possibly about 150metres away). When i turned the car around, we saw a browny grey suziki jimny stop, get out and grab the tackle box, and drive off. I couldnt believe what I had seen! Didnt see the car for the rest of the weekend. It just shows that no matter where you are, you cannot trust anyone. I think it would have been safer in the city, so much for small country towns! Really dissapointing end to a good trip. I thought i would warn you all to keep your gear locked up or close by at all times.CheersMatt

Sorry mate that's just shit.A few days from now the pollies and talking heads on tv will be telling us all about mateship, Aussie values and all the other crap as some prick torches a car, rolls ya caravan and burns a kids play ground down...You use to go fishing to de-stress now you gotta worry and stress while you're out fishing because of a bunch of low lifes, this is why some people shouldn't breed.Getting off my soapbox now.

sorry to hear of your loss, i have friends that live there and they have never said it was a bad area? Now didn't you say it fell off your ute and was on the road? how did these people steal it? sounds like they found it. if you didn't go to the police station to report it how do you know they didn't hand it in as found property?as said sorry for your loss but i think its a bit rough starting a thread putting down a country town and calling people names when you lost it! Stansbury is a nice place, my friends who live there and i have never had any trouble there!cheers chuck

sorry to hear of your loss' date=' i have friends that live there and they have never said it was a bad area? Now didn't you say it fell off your ute and was on the road? how did these people steal it? sounds like they found it. if you didn't go to the police station to report it how do you know they didn't hand it in as found property?as said sorry for your loss but i think its a bit rough starting a thread putting down a country town and calling people names when you lost it! Stansbury is a nice place, my friends who live there and i have never had any trouble there!cheers chuck[/quote']Well said ChuckT'My thoughts exactly... and whos to say it was a stansbury thief .... The person might just live in your street and was in town same time as you .

Sorry to hear of your loss.Well said Chuck TStansury has been my home away from home for the last 15 years or so. Over the years there have been concerted attacks on the caravan parks, particularly the back park where I'm based over there, by out of town thieves. One year they removed a number of auxilliary outboards from boats in one night, they then did one of the other peninsula parks the next night. About a year ago someone went through the park removing fishing gear from boats during the night, also likely to be an out of towner. Always found the locals to be friendly and helpful.Wahoo

You guys are all correct. Stansbury is a great place and i will continue to visit many times a year. I never meant to mention that the community was bad, nor are the people. They are a great, friendly bunch of people. I just wanted to reinstate the fact that you must always be concious of your gear. I never 'put down' the town of stansbury, as this type of behaviour can occur anywhere. I just never predicted it would hapen in such a tight-knit respectful communityI believe the thieves did not attempt to hand the box in, because as soon as they spotted me driving towards them, the quickly did a u-turn and sped off, this to me does not represent the type of person who was going to return the box.