I am heading to Edithburgh next weekend from Whyalla from Wednesday evening until Sunday. Having read all the threads on here and magazine articles on catching Bream i am keen to have a crack at catching one whilst i am there. Back when i used to live in Adelaide i used to catch undersize ones in Westlakes but now i would like to catch a bigger one. I was hoping for some info on how to go about successfully targeting them around Edithburgh. i will be landbased. i have a few lures and also dont mind soaking baits (although i would like to spend a bit of time flicking lures more so than using bait as it is a newish style of fishing to me that i am enjoying) so if anyone has anything to share it would be appreciated. im also keen to catch a flathead and maybe some salmon. anything that would go for a lure really :)

Never specifically targeted bream at edithburgh, but have seen some thumpers swimming around the boat ramp pontoons so they must be some around there. I do pretty well on salmon throwing metal slugs in the 20-30g range down at sultana point just down the road. But you need a fairly low tide to get right out on the sand bar throwing them into the shipping channel, they patrol up and down there. I'll be down there all weekend this weekend too.

Cheers brenton, u reckon that bait or lures would be the go for bream? as i am not an eperienced lure fisherman i am thinking bait, i have heard that small crabs and shrimp are the best, unweighted or on a small ball sinker? "wishing2bfishing wrote"I think you need to get a ride out with one of the tournoment bream lads, like myself bream on lures or flies for that matter, on most days kills the bait bridgade.worked correctly a soft plastic or hardbody looks alive & with the graphite rods, braidline & the right leader material. A bit of practice & you will be hooked! (pun intended)

If the Bream are hungry they will chomp anything. I'd agree the marina would have to be your best bet for Bream. I seem to catch alot of bream as bycatch when I'm using cockles for whiting, and I've never caught a Bream on any lure, plastic or hardbody, despite months of trying and probably over 100 bucks spent on them. So unless you know how to use lures I wouldn't bother!

im def gunna give lures a go, i reckon i will set one bait rod up and while im waiting for that to scream off flick lures around. i will go and get a few lures to flick around from the tackle shop, hard bodies, SP's and some metals for the salmon. i have a few already but i want to go get more, anyone got any recommendations?