Advice on what line to use

Hi all first post :) , just wondering what people recommend on what pound line to use with lures for trout and redfin I know with baits most people use 4-6lb, Only just started getting into lures and have been using 10lb mono, I have a spare spool of Berkeley vanish 6lb fluro would this be a good choice ? Or would I want to stay with a higher strength incase I get caught on snags etc any help much appreciated cheers :)

it all depends on your confidence in your knot tying abilities and the line you use.. for trout and redfin i use 3lb braid with 4lb leader never had any issue tying knots with them..If your new to luring and that 6lb is a good starting point.. Then as you get more confident with it all then you can downgrade line class but in the end is down to personal preference.

10lb sunline castaway, will have you casting further than 3-6lb test braids and you don't get the associated wind knots and tangles that are common with 3-6 test in any brand.Using true 10lb .6pe castaway gives you the options of tieing anything from 4lb leader to 20lb ;)

Not sure about the trout personally mate but I have my sedona spooled up with 6lb fireline and a 9lb low stretch mono leader and find I can cast a mile with just a 10g slug on for salmon.I heard alot about the lower pound test braids being easy to get wind knots and line twist if you are new to braid. I think the place I read that also said 6-10lb would be a good starting point for using braid and then drop down once you get more used too it

I heard alot about the lower pound test braids being easy to get wind knots and line twist if you are new to braid.
Wind knots and twists don't really have much to do with inexperience. more so the line quality itself and sometimes the reels roller can cause them if not working properly ;)IMO using any test braid 6lb and under your asking for trouble. cheers