Flare & safety day

There is a safety day to bring your out of date flares & fire extinguishersTo practice flares proper use in a controlled safe environment :woohoo:Demonstrations of how to extinguish a fuel fire on a boat :blink:As you are sinking at night is not the time to read instructions on safety gear :(

And where or when would that be taking place ........

This is what spins me out. First i get a Marine transport compliance fellow tell me it's alright to keep expired flares on board. It's not.Another occasion i spoke to a marine and harbours guy, lamenting that i'd hate to need the flares and the first time i go to use them is during an emergency and he responded by saying that various groups/agencies would run demo days with expired flares but that was no longer allowed as expired flares are deemed as explosives...yadda yadda yadda.Would love more info about this demo day please Dutchy.

There is a safety day to bring your out of date flares & fire extinguishersTo practice flares proper use in a controlled safe environment :woohoo:Demonstrations of how to extinguish a fuel fire on a boat :blink:As you are sinking at night is not the time to read instructions on safety gear :(

See my above link-"Expired distress flares must not be used fortraining purposes or public demonstrations"

Okay' date='After must help from Kingsley and B2F here is a video of flare training to do [b']before[/b] the flares go out of date.

Good to watch the different angles of letting them flares of, the ones let of at a 45 degree angle hit the ground still burning.Any flares pointed straight up on an angle will extinguish before hitting the ground or water & get max. benefit of being sighted. B)