Favourite surf rod ??

For me it would be hard to narrow it down to just one, I have several beach/surf rods I love.For throwing smaller lures to the local metro salmon in calmer conditions I have a Daiwa Seabass 9'6" that will launch a 10-20g metal lure as far as I need, it is nice and light so it's good fun on the salmon in the 30cm bracket but will handle bigger fish no problem.My newest purchase is one of the new Seajiggers, a 325M, which I bought for lure tossing when local conditions are less than calm or for the more high energy surf beaches around the state. The other day it was launching an aerodynamic 2oz metal lure well into the second gutter with a 20+ knot headwind. An extremely powerful feeling rod that should handle any salmon that swims, but is still light enough in the tip to keep the smaller salmon somewhat fun.For bait work on local beaches when 3-4oz of lead will hold, I love my Sensor Surf, 11'4" rated 2-4oz overhead (a model they unfortunately stopped making). It's great for bigger salmon, mulloway, gummies, snapper, really anything you might catch off the beach, although on smaller fish it's not all that sporting and when chasing them I opt for something lighter.Finally, for higher energy surf beaches like Salt Creek, when a sinker of around 6oz is needed to anchor a bait, I have a rod that performs well, a US model Saltiga Surf (not the Ballistic) which will throw 6 and bait very well and could handle any mulloway and most sharks. I am looking around for something better though, I would really like a Century or Zziplex but they're terribly expensive, but I love the way those British rods can be very powerful down low to cast heavier weights and handle big fish and are still quite light in the tip to make school sized fish more fun to catch.

lighter stuff i run a Shimano Jewel/Raider 9ft spin matched to a shimano 4000 technium and 20lb braid. this will happily chuck 15-40gram lures.. my favourite size is 20-30 gram. i have caught salmon to double figures on this combo. Beach fishing with bait. i run Snyder-glass rods with Alvey 650/651s. for my spin i have... Snyder-glass and big okumas. Im an old school beach fisher.. all my big rods seem to be glass.. snyders/buttorworths/Wilsons and 90% are 1pc's.i do have some newer 2pc rods.. but i love the old style rods.

Aint nuttin wrong with that , get out into the gutters and bring em in, doesnt have to be the millenium star trek , battlestar galactica latest and great shit,does the job and is enjoyable without having to worry...is this piece of lightweight shit i just payed half my mortgage for gunna snap?Cheers B)B)
Aint nuttin wrong with that ' date=' get out into the gutters and bring em in' date=' doesnt have to be the millenium star trek , battlestar galactica latest and great shit,does the job and is enjoyable without having to worry...is this piece of lightweight shit i just payed half my mortgage for gunna snap?Cheers B)B)[/quote'']and my step father late 70s now.. just handed me 3 more of his big old school classics.. Rock Nev down in whyalla has been rebuilding them for me over time.. LOVE LOVE LOVE loading up these classic rods with a good fish. such a nice feeling to them.

I think my fav would be my Wilson FSU 6144..Had it for over decade - its caught sharks, xos mulloway, casts a 6oz sinker and a slab of flesh as far as I need it..Although some would say it's a heavy rig to use i'm used to it and at least I know im not going to have a problem if if I hook something that needs a bit more pressure to stop...Coupled to a genuine penn 9500ss its an old fashioned pleasure to use...