Been a tradition around here, and I thought it's due, so how did your summer fair?

Personally, I had a pretty decent one.

On Snapper open, I was lucky enough to get onto the Southern Bft with Dutchy, before the schools spooked and went wide.

I then got good catches of snapper out north leading up too and around Xmas / New year's, and followed them out off the gulf these last couple months. Freezer is well stocked.

Had a few really good sessions that just clicked,others that where a bit harder, but stil got a few.

On a lesser note, we did waste the good part of a day chasing bft, with the skipper of the big rig trying hard to pop the bosses cherry. Consolation was some respectable by catch with plenty of laughs.

I also tried once for yfw and failed miserably.

But overall, it's been good, very good even.

Bonus has been that all the work I put into my boat during winter paid off.

She hasn't missed a beat and done around 20 trouble free hours on my rebuild so far and going strong.

So now comes the colder months, probs get out a bit less, concentrate more on other hobbies for a bit, but I will still need my fix and have to get out.

Maybe a few attempts at the kg's, bit of fun with the trouters in the port, with any luck maybe get the chance at some bigger species, specially during Autumn.

Regardless, still be on here talking crap, hoping to read a few reports and the usual SH shenanigans.

But first, the question begs, how you fellas fair this Summer?

Had a crack at Snapper with Ale, Moggy, Ryan, Tihull & 4tha over summer but not the best results. Nice tug of war by Ale and a big  :sh though

Tried Tuna for the first time & scored, thanx Mog & Ryan.  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Got my mate on a boat for the first time in 20 odd years for legal KGW's.  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Didn't even get a crabbing session in this summer  :angry:

Moved home and boat don't fit and steering stuffed. Hopefully rectified this week end (thanx Mog). 

Now looking forward to winter @ the wrong spot for KGW's & flatties  :boat:

complete dounut on the snapper opening but did what we set out to achieve by getting a couple of Bluefin in the boat well before most and the three trips we made in good conditions all produced fish a bit down on last years size and more and more sketchy and flighty each trip due to the amount of boats and fishers with absolutely no idea.

smashed the gar and kgs at the burg in the week of January and had some great crab sessions at semi and saints. pb hammer as seen on these pages as well made it a summer to remember and to top it of I took my mate and my 51/2 yo out for his first crack at a red recently only to have a crazy session and score 6 over 60cm in the first 6 casts and end up with 16 legals in an hour. great summer for me and me crew!!!