Flathead on lures?

hey fellas, i caught my first ever flathead on the weekend. it was over yorkes near pt turton. it measured 52 cmz, it was on a silver fox 80mm fish, also a bonus.does anione know any decent flathead spots that are in or close to adelaide, because after catching my first im am now addicted!!any help will be apreciated fellas,thanks. :fishing:

hay lloyd 70mm fish is MASIVE for our local flaties! they only average 30cm i rekon youd be better of usin a flick bait or powerbait if you want to catch plenty ;) but if ya want another big one keep to the 70mm fish to stop lil ones hiting it as much :icon_e_biggrin: keep it up il kum next time too man :D

hey brooksey bro when are ya keen 4 a flathead flick?? im sooo addicted to them hay, its jst so good wadding through tha water trying to hunt one down. ok i landed 5 flathead now and my 1st one is the only leagal .hissy. but thay all have been on lure so its not too bad i guess, let me know brooksey! :P

Have you got a favourite lure snake??

For flathead or just my favourite lure?Have been using Hardcore suspending lures for awhile now in several different colors but the red color gets used the most, seems to be the most consistent fish taker for me at the moment with bream,mulloway and snook all being caught on it.Now if ya mean just for flathead cant really tell ya due to not spending much time chasing em. Was fishing plastics for a few years solid until I returned to HB's again, had some great sessions on the plastics but prefer the HB only because I like to feel the lures action through the rod and choose the action I want such as tight fast movement or to a slow pulsing movement if that makes any sense. Also like to pick the depth I want it to swim which is alot easier to judge with HB's.Its a bit like the difference between driving a manual gearbox(HB) and an auto(SP)as to the way I fish with lures. Theres a pic of the hardcore lures in a post I did called "mullys come out to play" if ya havnt seen em before.

Good work mate, great to see a guy trying 'em all and working through what catches best for him 8) 8)Been seriously meaning to have a go at the Lizards this summer (if I can tear myself away for a while, damn Reddies!)Had a bit of success with Berkley Gulp, Pearl Blue Minnows and Clears, in that pattern, in 3 inch/4 inch. Actually letting them flutter and lie on the bottom, followed by a couple of energetic high lifts. I use those bigger, lost weight type TT's which give a different kind of action to the weight forward jigs.I'll have a look at your post mate and might get a few fresh ideas for the HB's. Thanks for the feedback 8) :fishing:Cheers, Tony.

• 1 month later...

flathead and lures are my thing! atm its my favortie type of fishing.i only ever fish the one spot and ive caught many, my bro has caught more than i have in the same spot. my fav lure to use is a red head yo-zuri and a small blue wriggler. ive used the silver fox 70mm, it works on flattys down here.if yu wanna know more about how i do it or where, just ask ;Dhappy fishin size=640http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/D8K1ehHp__Pic0153.jpg[/img] size=800http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/EMqYCAqb__Pic0337.jpg[/img] size=640http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/nhD4510F__Pic0345.jpg[/img] size=400http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/u4r00N2L__flatty_on_lure.jpg[/img]

Great work young fella, awesome to see youngsters getting out and trying different things 'til they succeed. (Karma!)Question tho', in the last pic, do you not find the barspoon lure a bit heavy for your "Raider" or is it the Raider 2 you,ve got mate?Do you prefer low tide to fish for the Lizards, or whenever?Keep up the good work, cheers, tonyb.