Whats your opinion..

Guest SuperThahn

I dont know what it is that a lot of you blokes think that you are above the law and then actually say it on a public forum?Fisherman get a bad wrap a lot of the time and you blokes wonder why?There is a thing in between your ears (possibly). How about using it.....

I agree with superthahn... I'm not gonna tell you not to use undersizefish but for the good of all of us don't shout it from the roof tops. I suspect we already have enough problems on the horizon, don't give us any more. The laws say that you must release any undersized fish as quickly as possible, not keep it in a live bait tank, handle it again then slip a hook in it and let it swim around stressed out for an hour or so.

Scorps has the right answer to this one I believe.

If i wanted to use a small fish for live bait i would use a species with no size limits

If the law says there is a legal size then who are we to bend the rules ??Nicol has asked a very good question and it really comes down to our own morals.My way of thinking is that if I am puting a live bait out, it is to catch a big fish... therfore... I would want to increase my chances of catching a big fish by puting a decent size live bait on ( meaning legal !! ) my two cents..We do need to watch what is said as it can be taken as "spokesmans" comment for those that want to use it against us.

you are killing an undersize fish which is punishable..

Correct.. This means that you cannot do it at all.My opinon on the regulation is that i would like it to be reviewed on mullet so that up to 3 fish could be kept alive for livebait purposes only. They have a similar rule to this in other states. As this is not the case in SA we can only use live bait which is of legal size or has no size limit!

nicol you would be right, you would be putting them back in the food chain, but if every one took under size fish for those purposes thats where the problem starts and thats why the law stands. y cant you just use a fish of legal size and cut it up for bait, some fish are cannibals arnt they? i usually use the first gar i catch for bait to catch other garfish