yellow door 1

Red Neck Rebar Sinkers

Haha - Nice one Doobie.😁

Yeah  I wanted to see how long they took to make, so I figured I should film it - cutting through16mm rebar takes 15 seconds - cutting and folding the wire takes about 20 - Sanding the burrs off takes around 20-30seconds - and the double Zipties takes around 20 seconds

So if you were firing on all cylinders and had everything laid out -  you could make an unpainted one from scratch in a couple of minutes.

Thanks Guru - I'd choose a snapper lead over these fellas 9.5 times out of 10 - They're smoother, heavier, more aerodynamic and offer less opportunities for tangles etc......... but in spots where you lose heavy sinkers regularly - the rebar starts making sense

17 minutes ago, yellow door 1 said:

Thanks Guru - I'd choose a snapper lead over these fellas 9.5 times out of 10 - They're smoother, heavier, more aerodynamic and offer less opportunities for tangles etc......... but in spots where you lose heavy sinkers regularly - the rebar starts making sense

Yep, I would probably go the snapper lead also lol. 

Still... A really cool idea. You've inspired me to have a play and maybe a couple of tweaks here and there 😉