Tassie Devils - My Collection + How I Use Them

Hi all, well after seeing TonyB's cry for help with the Tassie Devils Lures i thought I'd show off my collection, i have not really used them here so can't comment on how they will go, I'm sure Tony will soon be telling us all :icon_e_wink:Posted Imagei bought mine when i visited Tassie a few years back, we trolled with them everyday and everyday they caught fish. ChuckJr with our Brace of Trout from a 3 day trip to Lake Arthur'sPosted ImageThe locals showed us how to fish them the best and that is to take the wire and treble out of the lure and chuck them on the pile with the others ;D as can be seen to the right of the first photo Then thread the lure onto your line, take a small bead, put that on next, then tie a straight, (that means flat no curves) single hook, in a size 2 or 1/0 depending on the size of the fish you are chasing. I use the "Mustad O"Shaughnessy" Salt Water hook Ref. No. 34044NPSSPosted Imageyou will find the lure works heaps better this way and once you hook a fish it can't use the wire to leaver the hook out and escape, you'll find fishing the lure this way it rides up your line a bit out of the way of the fighting fishanother bonus of fishing the single hook is it makes it easier to go through snags and weed without catching as muchwell i hope this helps some of you out who want to try this great Aussie Lurehere is my sons Favourite#Posted Imageand a couple of fish he caught on itPosted Imageand last of all a nice one i got :icon_e_wink:cheers chuckPosted Image

OH....MY....GOD.....I think I want to live on Lake Arthur... :fishing: :icon_lol:Great advice mate as Tony has just enspired me to buy and try some myself for Reddies/trout.Sadly first time I went to put one on a swival the bloody wire loop/treble fell straight out and into murky water where I was standing. Might just have to give your method a go !! 8) ::)Have a Karma point mate :angel:

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, they are certainly a "Wild Card" in the Reddy arsenal now Chuck ;)Got a couple of dozen Devils now and I dare bet any one of the patterns, if it was in the water, would take a Reddy :fishing:;) I've even used them as a surface lure early mornings when the Reddy's have the bait fish cornered. Spectacular, slashing, surface rises :PI got the idea for the "Devils" from fishing with Scorps for the last few months and watching all sorts of monster freshwater fish chasing his bar spoons, but not always grabbing them, plus his lures make a big splash on water entry, maybe alerting some more crafty fish ::)Going up North again this week end to try the Devils on the Trout up there as an experiment :fishing: Won't be desperately disappointed if a beasty Reddy jumps on either :P:P:P :fishing:I'll definitely give your method with the single hook a go, tho' I think I'd be looking at, maybe a fine wire, chem sharpened hook like an Owner or Gamakatsu. These are not so heavy on the fishes jaws when catch and release is the go and seem to hook up better IMO :fishing:Great report mate, looks like the youngster had a ball as well 8) :PCheers, tonyb.