Old news for some - Spinning reel to Bait runner hack

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, yellow door 1 said:

But can your thunnus give true friction free line feed. None of my bait runners can😉

615FFF52-CDFA-432A-A7D2-EA1C09B4838E.jpeg

Haha, just saw this, should be a disinformation warning. My spinfisher LL can do it and the thunnus, it's called flipping the bail. Nice collection BTW, plenty of generations, that closest baitrunner would have to be around 30 years old, no instant antireverse and the old original lever out when in gear design 

6 minutes ago, Wert said:

Haha, just saw this, should be a disinformation warning. My spinfisher LL can do it and the thunnus, it's called flipping the bail. Nice collection BTW, plenty of generations, that closest baitrunner would have to be around 30 years old, no instant antireverse and the old original lever out when in gear design 

Haha - yeah I swear I mentioned the open spool - the rubber band just stops the wind or current pulling out big clumps of line, so you dont get a big loose clump trying to charge through the bottom guide all at once😉

You can set it to hair trigger or pull more line through for more resistance. I was half taking the piss when talking about the "friction free" business😉

But as I mentioned - its not a hack for reel that already have a bait runner feature😉

Yeah those baitrunners have seen some action over the years and are still kicking👍