No issues, no problems. Another brilliant little reel from the Daiwa stable!I've had the Laguna, Capricorn, Tierra, Team Daiwa, Certate, Luvias, Airity and no doubt a couple I've forgotten about in sizes from 1000 to 2500. All fantastic reels, and ya choice depends on ya budget.

Top reel mate been using one for 3 years now, only thing is i went arse up bout a month ago wading in the onk and unfortunately the certate went in the drink silt and all ::). sent off for a service and clean..........they replaced all bearings $120. oh well was due for service anyway ;)

• 2 weeks later...

sol has digigear, certates (and according to r and a kix customs) have hyper digithe kix and kix custom are two different reels guys.digi sometimes feels smother new, but is a softer metal and will wear easier than hyper digihyper digi is a higher quality gear. it can feel kinda bumpy but is denser metal, is stronger and will last way longer, and will be less prone to getting sloppy.go the certate, miles above sol/kix or kix custom.

Hi Matt, I have a Certate Hyper custom 4000 (Lot bigger than the model you are looking at I know) but I use mine for chasing reds, but unfortunately every time I have used my certate lady luck has been against me.When I switch back to my shimano Overhead, I land truck loads of reds.Hopefully soon I will get to chrisen the Hyper, and let you all know how it performs. It is as smooth as a babies bum though.It seriously is the best reel I have every owned.I have a luvias 2500 and I think the Hyper is way smoother than that. ;D ::)

• 3 weeks later...

should be smoother for the price difference

Hi Matt, I have a Certate Hyper custom 4000 (Lot bigger than the model you are looking at I know) but I use mine for chasing reds, but unfortunately every time I have used my certate lady luck has been against me.When I switch back to my shimano Overhead, I land truck loads of reds.Hopefully soon I will get to chrisen the Hyper, and let you all know how it performs. It is as smooth as a babies bum though.It seriously is the best reel I have every owned.I have a luvias 2500 and I think the Hyper is way smoother than that. ;D ::)

Certate 2000 is a great little bream and trout reel, and will also handle a few other larger species.Ive had a few problems with mine [spool seizing to the bearings, gears not meshing properly] after a lot of use, but the shop i go through and Daiwa Aus have looked after me... If you do need to send her in under warranty though, dont expect it back in a hurry.

really havent herd of certates doing that

Certate 2000 is a great little bream and trout reel, and will also handle a few other larger species.Ive had a few problems with mine [spool seizing to the bearings, gears not meshing properly] after a lot of use, but the shop i go through and Daiwa Aus have looked after me... If you do need to send her in under warranty though, dont expect it back in a hurry.

yea m8 it is, the Hyper custom is better becasue it has the same gears as a dogfight bronze i think and they dont wear like normal gears do.

my father in law just brought a certate and took off to jindabyne again so i wonder what he has to say about it when he gets back....from what im reading it is a top reel