Extremely annoying to read crap like that. :thumb:. But unfortunately it isnt just pro fisherman either. Just the other day I witnessed an older gentleman ::) who should have known better catching whiting off the jetty not measuring and poppin em straight into his bucket. They did not look like they would measure up at all. Knowing full well that it is illegal but not giving a :censored: t. Fisheries really need to make a bigger presence felt around the popular fishing areas. Bit off the point I know. 2 sets of rules. 1 for the companies that put money in government pockets and 1 for those of us that on the most part look after our fisheries.

Just the other day I witnessed an older gentleman ::) who should have known better catching whiting off the jetty not measuring and poppin em straight into his bucket. They did not look like they would measure up at all. Knowing full well that it is illegal but not giving a :censored: t.

You'll probably find they were Silver Whiting with no bag or size limit mate. I've been down this road already with Fisheries, but it's still bl**dy annoying. >:( >:( >:(

Sand Whiting Sillago ciliata found in the eastern states only. Not found in SA. Very similar in looks and habits to Yellowfin whiting.Yellowfin whiting Sillago schomburgkii have a size limit in SA as do KGW.Silver whiting Sillago bassensis have no size or bag limit. Weedy whiting are a type of wrasse that look very similar in shape.