sufix braid, any good?

Hi guysI have found some sufix braid for cheap and was just wondering what peoples opinions are of this braid? And what lb do people use for catching salmon, ruggers etc, im guessing 10lb would be ok? :-\im looking at replacing my spiderwire braid as its a heap of s***, lol.. constant tangles and kinda hard to tie knots as it feels so wirey.. .hissy.

My entry level into the wondeful world of braid was via a spool of 5kg SUFIX and 5kg vanish, a perfect match after the mono :fishing:I've had many redfin and trout on this combo and the only complaint was its tendency to knot in dificult (windy) casting conditions causing a fair bit of frustration, but at least developing skills at picking wind knots out with a dress makers pin kept pushed into the reel seat for instant use :fishing:When this wore out after turning it around and losing bits to knots, I looked around and tried firewire in Crystal which was the closest thing to stiff wire you could find,it fluffed out in an outrageously short time causing me to cut lengths off after nearly every trip, BUT,I can honestly say I never had a wind knot in it so persevered 'til it also now needs replacing ::)Just got some new product "Rovex", deep green, smooth and shiny and as stiff as the fireline. Just squeezing the last bit of knot free fishing out of the fireline before trying the New kid on the block ;)If the rovex doesn't work out, it's back to the Sufix again for me!!

Guest SuperThahn

I had the suffix and found it pretty good. Saying that unless I am jigging its still fireline for me. I have tried pretty much every braid on the market in sa and the only one that compairs to fireline is sunline. But i still wont use under 10lb as its just too thin and causes dramas.

i use suffix 4kg for snapper on sp's, it's very fine & works well(need good knots for fine diameters). i also use rovex which is a bit thicker diameter for equivalent size. heard it was made by same companyrovex 20lb & 30lb serves me well alsocheersBigAsh