Some never learn.

I find our court system pretty amusing! Is it any wonder repeat offences are common!

a seven-year history of breaking fishing laws .....a long list of convictions.....has been fined a total of almost $50,000.....offences including illegal fishing, and catching a protected Great White shark "Previous penalties have included heavy fines and yet you have continued to offend."

So the judge in his infinate wisdom, let's the guy off with 2 years good behaviour! :icon_eek:and the guys excuse once out of court:

he had sold the razorfish to get money to eat because he had no source of income after his fishing licence was disqualified

When is this country gonna wisen up and toughen up! :icon_evil:The guy has proven over and over that he has no regard for the laws and he will not stop. Lock him up ya dumb :censored: ers! I'm sure these magistrates live in fairyland! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

A Pro mate got done by fisheries the other week for netting in an exclusion zone up north.He was chatting to them before he ran it and when he had finished the haul they busted him and took all the gear and 5Gs of fish because he was 200 metres inside the zone.Great to see some fisheries officers with an evil sense of humor IMO. cheers brenton

Typical of our soft :censored: courts system, why do you think people like this do it, coz they know they will get off lightly ::), he was fined $50,000 previously $38,000 and $9,000 and I wounder how much of that has been paid back!!!!

he had sold the razorfish to get money to eat because he had no source of income after his fishing licence was disqualified

::) well if ya hadn't broken the law ya would have your licence disqualified you :censored: head ::)The 'fisheries' need to have more bite than bark, a bit like someone labeled the EPA once, a toothless watch dog :thumb:Its the same with these little juvenile delinquents who keep steeling cars, vandalism, graffiti, robbing and muggings they keep doing it coz they know they'll get off lightly coz the courts are soft.

Well up to a point there is no milage in blaming fischeries or police for that matter.It has been a bone of contentioin here for a long long time that those clowns in Victoria squaredon't do their job and being ex lawyers etc, do you get my drift !!!They should be elected on a yearly bases and no performance , no job.At the present the law is an ass and the judiciary a joke.ykmv.

Saw this in this mornings tizer, over me bowl of cereal. I know fisheries have to put a postive spin on things like this, but to say it was the toughest penalty ever handed down is a bit of a joke really. What penalty? A suspended sentence whoop de doo! Sure I realise that there was a hefty fine incurred also, but again whoop de dooo. This bloke should have been given the door to the paddy wagon, a change of clothes at the the other end and introduction to his new roomie, kissing his RS a fond farewell.I doubt this turn of events will stop him, it will just make him more wary about where and with him he deals in the future. I like the idea of the demerit system discussed in that article also. Seems the $ made from flawting the law far out weight the fines impossed when caught. So something that actually impinges on that persons ability to make an income for continued breaches holds well with me.