Baits, Plastics or Hard bodies

Guest Butters

i'm a baits person myself.. dead baits, live baits, packet baits.. i just like sitting back and waiting... i did go through the soft plastics craze and had at one stage a few tackle trays full.. but once i caught a few bream,rat kings and a mully on sp.. i lost interest.. too much casting and winding {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif i still get them out if the time is right tho {SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gif

For lures I"d say HB, but love all types of fishing, whatever puts fish on the bank in a given circumstance I will use.I dont discriminate, if for example unweighted live shrimps are working well on Bream, I will do that instead of flogging away with a lure and visa versa.Cheers {SMILIES_PATH}/cool.gif

I have always been a bait fisherman, notice fisherman, not FISHERPERSON!, who ever came up with this bit of P/ Cness should be used as a sinker!!!On the East Coast they have been using lures of some type for many years, we in South Oz have been a bit slow on the change over for some reason, I dont know how the sales compare to fresh baits, those in the game would have a better know how than me.I have tried soft plastics a few times and never had any luck with them, so I have been reluctant to continue with them, although I wouldn't mind giving them a better go again, maybe I can try them when we have our first social Day soon[/color:1q9zu61s]

• 4 weeks later...

I love my lures soft and hard body the challenge is more a factor than anything else I also fish live baits for my big mully's but have score more than a few using lures of all sorts..

do you have your mullies pics on here yet? love to see em. bait for me too..

I,ve been lucky enough to fish from boats all my life so its basically been bait with the odd H/B thrown in for snook and S/Ts,these days i,m a LBased S/P nut for me its a totally different and more challenging form of fishing,i,m always surprised on how many fish you can catch on the things.Ive still got the boat but i,m enjoying the faze while it lasts and my mates are getting pretty pissed off with me.I went out in the boat for a bag of k/g the other(mainly to keep the crew happy) but it didn,t give me the satisfaction of a big lure caught bream or mully when i,ve persisted and got them {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gifI reckon in time i,ll combine the two, (boats and S/Ps fishing )but i just want to master the lure fishing ATM.....unless of course i take an interest in H/Bs {SMILIES_PATH}/undecided.gif cheers brenton

• 1 month later...

For the first 40 odd years of my life, I've never so much as touched a lure!I was brought up as a bait fisherman, and a bait fisherman I stayed!..............until a coupla years back!The big craze was soft plastics and C&R fishing with lures, so I thought I'd better start givin this stuff a go, or I'd be left behind.I bought a boat that I could also kit out wiv a leccy and livewell, I spent umpteen thousand dollars on little graphire rods, expensive little reels, braided lines, and buckets of hard bodied lures and rubber thingamebobs!I still have a hellishly hard time catching QUALITY fish with them, but it aint for lack of perseverance!For me now, I don't discriminate! I'll use plastics and hardbodies for Bream. Metal for salmon and snook. Bait for Whiting and Snapper. It don't matter to me anymore, just as long as I'm out fishing! {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gifDynamite ya recon huh? Hmmm, what would McGyver do? I know, stand back kids, I'll need some ***** chemicals, some ******, and some common household bleach! Now pass me them drink bottles! {SMILIES_PATH}/smiley.gif

I fish mostly HB, I do fish SP's. Most of the time I'll have a HB rod set up and an SP rod, then depending on the conditions and area I'm fishing I'll choose to chuck a HB or an SP. {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gifI have tried this thing called 'bait' a few times...... {SMILIES_PATH}/undecided.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/tongue.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gifLazy {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif

• 1 month later...
Guest fishum

I finally got some banjo minnows in and do they look sweet..Going to give them a go in the coorong.There really is no other lure that?s so life like..I?ll be trying them out during the next few weeks weather permitting as I just pulled the outboard apart and should be going in 2 weeks..Heres a link:http://www.banjominnow.com/ size=277http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/NBvd67ZB__banjo_kit.jpg[/img]

I like em all, except the dynamite, too hard to identify the species afterwards. That's probably why I'll always be just an average fisherman, I just can't bring myself to focus on just one discipline or species, I like to spread myself around and dabble in all aspects of the greatest pastime ever stumbled upon by man.