Anglers almanac

I have roughly followed it, and while it has yeilded some good results, as expected there were also unfruitful results.Like optimax said keep your own records, as each fishing location has its own habits.With both your own data and the almanac combined I'm sure you'd be in with an even better formula :woohoo: .

waterboy, well said. I fully agree with your statement. I did not put it that way because I am not much of a land based fisho, and I suppose there it might have more of an impact. The reality though is that even there tides, barometers, winds, son, water clarity, temperature, etc. etc. all are linked to a specific location. And if you read carefully my article on Great Fishing attitude, you will notice how much I stressed the importance of correct anchoring! I can be anchored perfectly on a spot and fish it well on an incoming tide, but after the change of tide my anchored position will change and so will the position of the school of fish under water. Fish like to sit in certain position based on the tide and they will keep moving even if only within a 50 - 100 m area. We as good fishos, need to be very observant, keep record, start drawing in our mind an exact view/picture of what the bottom looks like in the area we fish and start understanding where the fish like to hang around at different times in those areas! ;)Tight lines guys,Opti

Well said guys I think in a nut shell the Almanac has its place like any fish Mag, something to read whileYou have nothing better to do, like today one would be handy (bored) that’s always a handy spot catch up on a read ;) In the boat I tend to do well at the change of the tide or deeper grounds dodge tide worksI think it’s because all the there little critters come out of there little hidey holes to playAlso from a high to low pressure change is also a good oneBut shore base tides are the key, different areas work on different tides (try fishing at Pt Parham on a low tide) lol As everyone has said keep your own records, and being time precious as we all are anytime is a good time to go fishingBut I still don’t know what brings the sea lice out that’s has me stumped seems to be all moon phases and tides all seasons but different from one week till the next I don’t think having an Almanac will help me with that :P

shane wrote:

Well said guys I think in a nut shell the Almanac has its place like any fish Mag, something to read whileYou have nothing better to do, like today one would be handy (bored) that’s always a handy spot catch up on a read ;)

I really think the only people who would enjoy sitting down to a good read of the Angler's Almanac would be train spotters, stamp collectors or statiticians! :huh:

I have caught fish on white days, black days, grey days, i have bombed out on the above also.This below quote from optimax somes it up for me

We as good fishos, need to be very observant, keep record, start drawing in our mind an exact view/picture of what the bottom looks like in the area we fish and start understanding where the fish like to hang around at different times in those areas

That is gold and i couldn't say it any better, there are things that make fish tick and it's the challenge that we take upon ourselves.
shane wrote:

At the moment I’m open to suggestions Ranger always looking at new hobbies, train spotting and stamp collecting don’t sound that bad, I’m not really into stats but if this weather keeps up you never now ;)

Lol, if this weather keeps up you'll be welcomed into my knitting circle! :dry:

Took to long for the invitation there Ranger to your knitting circle So had to start my own, it was that or Yard Duty, the Misses said, well it feels like a knitting circle watching footy just can’t get excited. :huh: Opti all I can say is were is an Almamac when you need one, LOL 20 Knot Winds ok for some :P

Don't enjoy fishing in them, but I love cruising in them!A bit disappointed to see St. Kilda lose that game, they will be spewing tomorrow looking at all the missed opportunity in the first half! Well done to Geelong though, they have been a great team over the last 3 years! I think overall Saints were the better team today but Geelong was luckier, as Bommer Thomson correctly put it!What a great game you have guys, Aussie Rules Rocks, and this comes from an Italian who had never even known that such a game existed before landing down under at the age of 24!Opti

Ok Nevs DiaryWindy well at least till your teeth are rattling in the back of your scullRain and Hale tile you have to take up smoking to survive the nightAnd hope the hell they don’t fall in the drink or you hope the car cigarette lights works to unfreeze the fingers or at least your head lightsAnd you have to be able to count to 30+ lolCome to think of it you don’t need a Diary, just some Help lol :blush: