back from a fish...seen a float in the water, so went to go get it...it had a berley bag attached with a big rock in the bottom.goo idea. so i refilled it, and walked in to throw it out.rock tipped over on me, and in a went.smokes, phone, and my camera got soaked...and so did i.spewin.got the phone working, but its doing strange things now, smokes were a lost cause, but im really upset about my camera.its dead... wont even turn on.it was a present to me from my wife and kids for my 40th birthday.with a LOT of luck it may dry out.... but will have to wait and see.got a small salmon trout...very unlucky salmon thats for sure.big school of them in shallow and jumping...so i wouond in, took sinker off, and flicked the bait right into the school...hits left right and centre, then im on.huh? strangest thing.when i took the sinker off i left the snap swivel undid... and believe it or not, thats what hooked the fish...incredible.

Highfly wrote:

Telefix sth rd hilton may be able to do something with ya camera ;) Salmon trouts luck was worse than yours :P

thanks mate...im hoping it will dry out, and we have some magic spray at work for stuff like this.the weather was calm, dead flat seas, and not a run of snapper... so now im waiting for some more wind to pick up.the wekened just gone would have been ideal, but i was night shift.

I have also lost a new phone and a $500 camera after getting dumped in my canoe by that last bloody wave.bloody port river fishing trawlers :blink::blink: what's the first you do when back to shore?? see if they work :huh::huh: not until after, do you realise NOT to turn on your camera/ phone.you are supposed to let them dry out completely before attempting to turn them on :S :S :S

davidm#2 wrote:

isnt that the second time youve droped your smokes in the water in 1 week?? lol

yep...hahahaah.just back from a fish, bro missed a good run... he was using tommies as bait, alas..they didnt want pillies of squid tonight.i never got a touch .was a spur of the moment trip... left at 5pm, home by 7:30pm.
rocknev wrote:

have just been told by a mate on another forum to put it in a sealed bag, with an absorbant satchet, and a bit of salt and leave it in the car for a few days...hes a computer wizz in perth, and says it works with computers.

A guy next door's a computer tech too. He says best thing is to soak anything like ya camera or phone in pure Metho as soon as possible, as it drives the moisture out, and then evaporates quickly itself.Do it over a bucket and if it doesnt work, at least ya can drown your sorrows with the drips ;):lol: Good luck with it RN ;)
afishyfish wrote:
rocknev wrote:
have just been told by a mate on another forum to put it in a sealed bag, with an absorbant satchet, and a bit of salt and leave it in the car for a few days...hes a computer wizz in perth, and says it works with computers.
A guy next door's a computer tech too. He says best thing is to soak anything like ya camera or phone in pure Metho as soon as possible, as it drives the moisture out, and then evaporates quickly itself. :cheer: Thanks Guys, I will remember that one . It's not the first time one of my many phone have ended up in the drink. It does Not matter how many times you say to yourself " I will Never do that again" sooner or later it happen again. Hopefully one or both will work and save me alot of money on phones and that will in turn give me more money to buy tackel and that means more fishing. That means one HAPPY Watersnake :woohoo: THANKS GUYS

almost forgot... heading fishing last night, and "DAMN THATS A FAST MOVING BIRD IN THE WINDSCREEN AREA IN THE DISTANCE"hehehehehe... awesome fighter jet coming screaming in , dived and buzzed the hills pretty darn close before swooping back up with a couple of twists...the army live firing range has training this week.we heard the planes on the rocks the day before, but were stuffed if we could see themthis time though, with a white cloud background, while we were on the rocks we seen it twice come dirrectly over us, ut pretty high up .thats the thing with them things.... by the time you hear it, its normally gone.

weaver wrote:

back from a fish...seen a float in the water, so went to go get it...it had a berley bag attached with a big rock in the bottom.goo idea. so i refilled it, and walked in to throw it out.

What kind of berley was in it mate and what did you refill it with?
IT WAS EMPTY WHEN I PULLED IT OUT...HAD A ROCK DOWN THE BOTTOM, KNOTTED IN THE MIDDLE AND A SQUID FLOAT AT THE TOP SO IT SAYED UPRIGHT.I PUT SOME PILLIES, TOMMIES AND SOME SQUID IN IT...NOT A BAD IDEA I RECKON... THE FLOAT WILL KEEP IT IN THE AIR AND THE NEXT TIME IM OUT THERE AT LOW TIDE, I CAN USE IT AGAIN. I WILL PUT SOME CAT FOOD IN IT THAT I ALWAYS HAVE IN THE CAR, AND SOME PELLETS.BEING UPRIGHT, THE WAVES CAN WASH THE SMELL AND LITTLE BITS OF FOOD OUT.IVE DONE THE SAME THING WITH A BERLEY POT THROWN IN ON A ROPE HANDLINE.AND THE REALLY GOOD THING IS THE CAMERA WORKS PERFECTLY NOW... IVE HAD IT IN THE GLOVE BOX FOR A FEW DAYS SO ITS DRIED OUT.(EXCUSE CAPITAL LETTER.... CAPS LOCK GETS STUCK SOMETIMES :laugh: )