Labour Day Rubbish

G,day all, A friend and myself travelled to Browns Beach(Innes N.P)on Monday morning 5th Oct and found our self arriving on the beach to fish at around 1pm. We passed a Couple leaving with a couple of bags full and was absoluteley disgusted when we had to fill a 20 litre bucket also with absent minded fisher peoples Rubbish :angry: empty beer bottles, cigarette packets, cigarette butts, wrappers :angry::angry: These persons may or may not be a member of strike & hook but they might read this message from me and like minded people whom clean up after their type.... TAKE YOUR RUBBISH WITH YOU!!!!! Or National Parks WILL Build More Gates and turn us away from some of the Best & Beautiful Fishing Spots In Australia

I hear ya Catchno.many people just dont get it do they ? :huh: Abuse it and it WILL be taken away from EVERYONE, not just the irresponsible selfish ones !!!!!!That beach has been closed b4 due to this carry on, with warnings that it could become permanent if it continues :( Good on you for taking the time to do their dirty work :) I'll give u a Karma point if its not too soon ;)

I may only be 25 but I can still remember the browns gates being closed when I was very young, due to rubbish left on the beach, not the best thing you want to see after the big drive down there. You would think that after all this time people would have a bit more sense then to just leave thier crap everywhere.Growing up my family used to do browns trips just about fortnightly, the amount of times I used to dig up huge amounts of rubbish just buried in the sand was rediculous. I thought that the rubbish thing was getting better down there :( maybe I just dont play in the sand as much

Good on ya mateNot enough people have this attitude. Every time without fail when I go to browns I could fill a 20L bucket with trash, hooks, metres and metres of line and beer bottles and cans. Gets worse when its actually busy, worst I've seen is about 3 cartons of bottles on the beach. Carried as much as I could and took some more the next day but its hard enough work walking along the beach :( Just hope the ranger keeps it open...

Dubs The Tackle Man wrote:

Take Only Photos Leave only Footprints

Well said Tackle Man, thats exactly what I mean and it isn't that hard to do (taking your rubbish back to a bin), I just did what all you guys would have done given the same situation. This is not the only spot it happens and I know there is only a small percent of wrong do'ers compared to days of old. For anyone that goes away or fishes with a crew that does leave rubbish behind just say "hey guys' we can't leave this here. how about we take it with us?" or just pick it up anyway. Kids fish off beaches with their oldies too and a beer bottle when stepped on can ruin someone elses holiday. The beach is clean and we got fish to clean also... sounds gd to me ;)
Guest davidm#2

well said mate. ;) i dont understand how people can just leave rubish in the place we love most. and its not just happening at browns but most beaches and jetties that we visit ill giv ya a karma just as i wait my 6 hours lolcheers david

couple of mths ago so clowns left a heap of gear on the whyalla jetty,,,beer bottles, food wrappings etc etc...after they left i went to pick everything up, and they had also left a brand new still in the packet yo zuri squid jig that was under the rubbish...i will take that as payment for putting your rubbish in the bin thanks very much

rocknev wrote:

couple of mths ago so clowns left a heap of gear on the whyalla jetty,,,beer bottles, food wrappings etc etc...after they left i went to pick everything up, and they had also left a brand new still in the packet yo zuri squid jig that was under the rubbish...i will take that as payment for putting your rubbish in the bin thanks very much

Gd Work RockNev, free yo zuri now thats karma...maybe they got a flat tyre in the rain on the way home