HELP Casting weight on rods

I've got a few t-curves. 1 rated 2-4kg and the other 3-6kg, the casting weights recommended range from 1-9g to 10-21g. Stupid question and yes I know this is a guide for flicking lures about etc, but would it be OK to use a heavier sinker on one of these rods when fishing from a boat? :dry: Seems like a stupid question, no doubt a straight forward answer.

working in the fishing retail sector i see broken rods from time to time under most circumstances warrantys are usually adhered to by the manufacturers, but if they go to the trouble of putting recomemmended casting weights on the rods this is usaully for good reason, going over these recommendations is just inviting a devistating breakage in your pride & joy probabaly in the middle of a hot bite session. Motto use the right tool for the job!!!

if your casting, then yes, as a rule of thumb its good to stay within or near the guidelines. but if your just lobbing baits off a boat, youre not going to bust a rod. the extra weight will just mean your rod will need less weight to load up when fighting fish. if you end up fishing heavier weights and/or deeper water then setting hooks can be a pain in the ass, otherwise you should be fine.

I've never paid attention to whats on the rod :) I just put on whatever I need, I just make sure the rods not bent in half.I've jigged a 100gm lucanus off a boat with my 3-6kg rod rated at 4-15gms, I've also casted 45gm pillies off the beach with it too... Never broken a rod but you just be careful not to overload it when casting