goolwa and area tackle

hey all just a quickie...headin to goolwa for a few days and am wondering if theres a decent tackle shop there or nearby?? ive never been there before so i got no idea!missus wants a surf rod and there aint much here unless we get either crap or spend big bickies! wont be used much so i dont see the sense in gettin a flash one.also is there much happnin (fish wise of course!!) down that way at the moment??if ya down that way on the weekend or at the mouth keep an eye out for us... charcoal 80series cruiser with nsw rego oh and rod racks on the bar!

G'day khany454, unfortunately there really isn't any true tackle shops in Goolwa and the sports store in Victor Harbor is not really cheap either.It would pay you to call into Anglers Choice on Beach Road Christies Beach on the way down and see Waterboy or one of the other guys that work in the shop for rods, reels or combo's and your selection of baits. You could try Sugars Beach on Hindmarsh Island for some Salmon Trout and may be some Mullet, not sure what successes people are having at the moment off Goolwa Beach near the mouth.Good luck with your trip down there.CheersMJ

weaver wrote:

South coast marine i think it is,Situated on the corner you take to go down to the no 19 barrage.ALso a BP service station, has a fair selction of gear if you get stuck when your down there.Also tonkins in Victor harbour have a range as well

South Coast Marine no longer exists, mate. Not sure when it shut down, but I reckon the Mobil at Goolwa has the best tackle for the area...