Nice day Out at lowely

Prolly all of u know how to do this anyways but thought id put it up...Just me cleaning the Squid :D Prolly cant hear me clearly though thank god lol :P Further on in it I didnt say the F word I said Slippery little SUCKERS, I didnt swear :blush::laugh:Posted ImagePosted ImageWent out again yesterday , lost my new Jig, the one I caught the squid on, and Float, GAH!!!! :angry: , Oh well thats the way it goes out there. Found someone elses out there in the rocks, ha, bright orange one..Anyway took the kids for a swim... ;) Here is the light house out therePosted ImageLad being a dill :laugh:Posted ImagePort Jackson shark Egg, lad couldn't help himself but bust it open and squeeze the contents out and chase his little brother round :dry: Posted ImageSome type of Jelly fish..Anyone know??Posted ImageI thought this was cool, its a sting Ray mark, where a Ray was laying, good size one too by the look of it..Posted ImageLittle Rock Crab :)Posted ImageNice day out.. :)

not bad mate.... keep the wings for snapper bait as well... nice and tuff... in fact, keep the whole thing for snapper baitwhen i clean them, i push a finger up behind the head, and grab the feather... most times when you pull that the head ANDA the inside come out thengrab an old mop handle, cut it about a ft long, and use that to turn them inside outgreat job BTWwhat a waste of good bait though

Nice day out with nice photos and video SW, yea as rockn said u can pull the head of tgether with the guts if u get the onto the bone with a finger or a thumb.broom handle would be great gotta try it! :woohoo: , i been using the handle of my knife .never seen a ray lay before either! (think thats what they call em) nice thanks 4 sharing , be intreasted to see wot the white eggy thing is too.

yeah definatly squid and cuttley eggs in the pics SW and when you find what looks like eggs inside squid when your cleaning them(a little bigger than a match head) it is usually from a male and they are sperm packages that are placed in the female(doesn't sound like much fun)if you catch a female with eggs which is rare they are bunched together like in your pics but are only about .5 of a mm thick and 1cmm long.good post as well. cheers brenton

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sandy.looks like a great day was had.....sure beats working hey, I have a little hint of which might be of some use, apparently, when cutting open the tube prior to cutting in slices before cooking , ALWAYS score diagonally etc the INSIDE of the tube, dont ask me why this is supposed to be the way chefs do it for a nice succulent finished result.Anyways tight lines.Sean :)