chuckemback wrote:

yea mate its an alvey but its been modified with a CRAZY non casting handle .LOL the guy who modified it must have never cast it EVER!! :laugh::laugh::laugh: OHHH wait :woohoo: does the handle come off easy for casting ? :silly: cheers

Thanks for the info guys, I think it dates back to mid 60's or there abouts.As far as I know the proper handle was busted and a piece of aluminiun was put in it's placewith a couple dobs of weld, at least that what it looks like.Casting might be ok provided fingers are kept well clear !! :unsure:
chuckemback wrote:

pescados ,im not sure you realise that you need to turn the alveyso the handle faces the tip of the rod to cast, and with that handle it wont cast at all.

Had another look at the reel and yep you are right, if I turn the reel no casting But found out if I turn the little handle on the back(as in another view) I could possible cast underhand as it seem to run fairly free.However fingers would need to be very clear other wise possibly busted fingers could occur. :woohoo: