ltfish wrote:

Final purchased my first 4x4 Its a pajero 2000 2.8lt turbo inter cooled diesel. Excellent on fuel, trip from Murry to Whyalla only used $50 of diesel traveling at about 100-120kph.

sweet jason.... we will have to get it out with the challenge we have made with jimmies surf... while we at it, we may as well have a fish... I KNOW A SPOT...... :laugh:
ltfish wrote:

Sounds like a fishin trip on the cards Nev. Just let me know when.Going out in the morning for kingy

im heading out at 4am for a snapper session... might call past if its not too hot and say gday and check out the new beast... what time ya heading out? im hoping to be back by about 9ish before the heat sets in.

pity about both our bad luck this morning ltfishwe met on the rocks for those that dont know, i caught a shitty, and sent it back out as bait just as jason cast in half a pillie. the alvey had a little hit, followed by a run, the blldy rocks were real slippery today, and when i hit the fish, i slipped... lost the fish, at the same time jasons rod went,30 seconds after he cast in, he hit and hooked, then got snagged for also a lost fish.these rocks are good at losing fish..which makes it more of a challenge.

afishyfish wrote:

ltfish wrote:

And bloody hooks and sinkers.Just making some more rigs up for in the morning.

Hi GuysThis comment reminded me that Ive been wondering why you Rockfishers cant float a bait out off these rocks to help minimize snagging.Unless its just a case of wind direction :huh::unsure:
It sure is. I thought about the balloon thing a while ago but with a northerly wind it is too calm and a good strong southerly to roughen up the water will blow ya bait right back at ya. :angry:
vb4me wrote:

afishyfish wrote:

ltfish wrote:

And bloody hooks and sinkers.Just making some more rigs up for in the morning.

Hi GuysThis comment reminded me that Ive been wondering why you Rockfishers cant float a bait out off these rocks to help minimize snagging.Unless its just a case of wind direction :huh::unsure:
It sure is. I thought about the balloon thing a while ago but with a northerly wind it is too calm and a good strong southerly to roughen up the water will blow ya bait right back at ya. :angry:
was just going to say the same thing... vb knows the score with these rocks now.... rougher is better, though i have caught them in calm seas... ive also tied a balloon on with a lollie lifesaver, floated it out on an outgoing tide, and off shore wind, and it gets a good 300mtrs before the sweetie desolves and drops the bait...but as mantioned... rough dirty water is BY FAR the best, or the calm the day after the storm when the water is still stirred up.ironically, after 3 or 4 days of strong winds, the water becomes clear, because there isnt enough stuff left on the bottom to make it dirty.casting when its dirty and rough, can see the fish as close as 20 mtrs from shore,SERIOUSLY.. the area is FULL of caves, drops, holes and THOUSANDS OF SINKERS hahahaha head out for a low tide drive snapperhead, and go for a walk on the point.... 6 ft ledges ... then out deeper, there might be a few more the same if not bigger. check out this short video, to see what your actually fishing in and over.its a wonder we get ANY gear back, and its no wonder fish are lost even when solidly hooked, through snags,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJMRkgV_Mmo