Bluefin Tuna tackle

Hey guys, i am headin out of Coffins this saturday with Ashley Smith and his charter business to chase some Bluefin tuna.I am taking some gear there after being told he is getting 20kg+ Tuna and needs some heavier gear to be taken.Now i have -Tyrnos 30 on 24kg TCurve Tyrnos rod, 15kg line-TLD 20 on 10kg beastmater rod, 15kg line-Tekota 600 on 10/12kg Penn mariner, 15kg lineNow i was asked to take heavier gear, but is the first combo too heavy? i will still take all of them to coffins but dunno if they will make it onboard.I am also taking-2 x Shimano Twinpower 5000 on 5-8kg TCurve T series rods with 15lb Finns braid.these are for hopefull;y getting a tunny on a plastic or minnow.Any other tips on tackling bluefin in the sub 20kg and just above 20kg weight areas would be very welcome!

dude i used 15kg line for the first few and then downgraded to 8kg line, i only use mono, braid can be frowned apon by some operaters. i think what your taking is overkill. i took 14 combo's and used every one of them. the tuna are up to 19kg's at a push at the moment. so i reccomend the 8 kg outfit. we just got back and caught over 140 for the trip.Have fun! plenty around. check out my other post in recent posts "absolute charters"

coight wrote:

exactly right. if you had say 6 blokes with $50 - $100 lures and one of ya has braid, you all hook up and the one with braid runs across everyone else with any tension on there line.. well it just cuts them all off. Makes for an angry crew..

That makes sense, thanks.Do they generaly troll for the tuna? How about when you can see a surface school busting up, do they stop and let you just cast poppers or metal slices at them? Trolling is great for finding fish, but when you can see them on the surface it's so much more fun to throw lures at them!