Wife says " I need to get away"I say " where you wanna go". Im instantly thinking of a spot that can keep her and the kids happy while i fish ;) Wife says " I dont care, lets just get away and try out the new tent over easter"Time to launch operation " lets go to a shit hot spot and pretend its her idea"I say " Well i dont wanna go where theres a million people so where can we go where its gunna be quiet over easter? pffft only place like that would be the west coast"Wife.." Has it got nice camping spots?"Me..." How bout the caravan park so the kids will have a pool etc. Ill ring em right now"Job done. Camp site booked. Were goin to Elliston for easter and shes tellin everyone she decided to go to Elliston because quiet and pretty.First thing i learned on this trip is that 8 or 9 hours with my 3 boys in a car is hard work. After that experience I needed a holiday :)Well thats how I got to go and heres what happened while we were thereDay 1 saw me doin the rounds with wife and kids sight seeing. Can you beleive it? sight seeing, looking at the sweetest water in aus and not fishing. Day 1 was hard!Day 2 I took everyone on to the beach at Sharinga. Kids and wife swam and had a nice piknic and me...I fished! 2 Kg's and lotsa troutees. Day 2 was funThe night of day 2 i spent convincing my wife that we should go to Locks well on day 3 because the kids really seemed to love the beach.Day 3 Locks Well ;) Weve got enough food and water for the Chinese armed forces to survive a month. Its fair to say my wife didnt realise how big a walk it is down AND BACK UP at Locks. Anyway we got down there and after my wife resuscitating me I got a rod in the water. Making use of the veiwing platform at Locks before going down, I spotted a nice gutter with a school of sambos at the top circling. I berlied heavily at the head of the gutter and spent no more than 10 minutes inbetween fish for the rest of the day. My wife got a few and all the boys got some. My eldest sons first ever sambo tipped the 4kg mark ( poor bastard wont beat that again for a long time ) OMG the walk back up with a bag of sambo on top of ALL that food and water and my youngest wanting a piggy back coz hes sick of walking....worth it :woohoo: Night time day 3 sees me on the Elliston jetty. I dont want to say where exactly but off that jetty saw me with a dozen KG's in just over 2 hrs....Day 3 was awesome :woohoo: Day 4 is a copy of day 3. turns out the wife and kids loved Locks and were happy to return. Same spot as the day before saw us bag out in a few hours and spend the rest of the day catch and releasing. Day 4 was also awesomeDay 5 sucked because i had to pack up and go home. Had a little flick in waterloo bay for flatees before breaky but wind was no good and didnt last long. No fish day 5 and very sad to be going homeElliston is awesome..All 3 of my thumbs are up for this joint :):):) one of the interesting things we saw on day 1. im talking about the water behind the thongs Posted Imagebeautiful sheringa Posted Imagemy youngests first fish. Posted Imagefinally LOCKS Posted ImageFish from locks Posted ImagePosted Imagethe eldest ferel got a couple of rippers Posted Imagemother ferel got some too Posted Imagecheck out the size of my rod Posted Imagehome for 5 days Posted Imagea funny sign we saw on the way. didnt buy any :S http://www.strikehook.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/t2.jpg

e1.jpg

e3.jpg

e4.jpg

e2.jpg

e6.jpg

e8.jpg

e7.jpg

e10.jpg

e12.jpg

e11.jpg

t2.jpg

excellant trip by the sounds of it, and very sneaky the way you pulled it off.... the west coast is one of my fave places to fish as well... raw nature at some of its best.may i suggest a few portable dvd players for the lad in the back seat.... they work a treat..and headphones fit in them as well....

may i also suggest almonta beach in the coffin bay national park... not facilities, but every bit as nice if not nicer than elliston....just the tight and twisty drive to the beach in the national park is well worth the money...would love to do that on a nice ducati or something like that,love than place as well.....nice salmon, and a few other species to be had.... WOULDNT GO SWIMMING AT ALMONTA, ... nor sheringa of locks well come to think of it.

to echo Nev.. Almonta is quite nice. as is Golden island beach... but to add some fun.. go to Gunyah! couple KM of sanddunes to get to the beach ;)4wd action! i do have a clip of my jackaroo going from the beach back up to the road.. its quiet fun ;)

samantic01 wrote:

Just thought id better add to my report a big thanks to the elliston caravan park for a great place to stay with very helpfull and friendly management. I highly recommend it to anyone wishing to head down that way..thanks :)

If thats the park directly over the road from the Jetty, its definitely a beauty. Great owner/managers, lovely surroundings, a great, well set up and spacious camp kitchen, etc etc etc Ive stayed there several times and always enjoyed it :)