fish facts email

Just got this emailIssue 13, April 2008 www.pir.sa.gov.au/fishing Articles Berley update Size matters Kingston men to face charges Onkaparinga fish kill result of hot spell Aquatic reserve maps available online Weather to fish or not to fish? More aquatic reserve news Pipi fishery goes to quota Berley update The law covering the use of berley has been part of fisheries legislation since 1985 and was introduced to restrict the use of berley specifically designed to attract sharks, especially where it has the potential to endanger the lives of swimmers and divers in the same area. The legislation, controlling the use of blood, bone, meat, offal or skin of an animal as berley, was varied slightly in December 2007 with the addition of the words ?or bird? to part (2) of Section 23 of the Fisheries Management (General) Regulations 2007. This addition prevents the use of birds (in particular chicken carcasses or frames) as berley. Fishers can only use fish-related products like fish frames, heads, pieces, including squid and cuttlefish as berley. Fishers can not use chicken necks, carcasses (or pieces), meat products such as ox heart, old chops, dog bones, roo tails etc. This includes use in crab nets (both single ring hoop and double ring drop nets). The use of small amounts of meat for berley or bait when targeting fish such as mullet remains unchanged. It is considered unlikely that the small amounts of meat used in this way will have significant attractant properties. Fisheries Officers will use their discretion in weighing up the circumstances of its use. A fact sheet addressing some of the more frequently asked questions regarding the use of berley can be found on the PIRSA Fisheries web site. top Kingston men to face charges Two men from Kingston, on the state?s Limestone Coast, are expected to face a range of fisheries related charges following a targeted operation involving PIRSA Fisheries and SAPOL officers. It will be alleged that the two men aged 69 and 67 used nine rock lobster pots every day over a six day period as well as using rock lobster pots not registered in their names. The maximum number of registered pots that can be used by an individual is two. Search warrants were executed at two premises at Kingston where Fisheries Officers seized approximately 60 rock lobsters (both whole and shelled meat) with a total weight of approximately 90 kilograms. Officers also seized two vessels, chest freezers, cooking equipment and a number of lobster pots. Under the Fisheries Management Act 2007, penalties for a first offence of this nature can include a fine of $10,000 and an additional penalty of five times the wholesale value of the fish up to a maximum of $100,000. For more information on the rules that apply to rock lobster fishing, go to the recreational fishing pages of the PIRSA Fisheries web site. top Aquatic reserve maps available online Aquatic reserves are established for reasons including protecting important fish breeding and nursery areas. Detailed maps of the State?s aquatic reserves including the recently proclaimed Coobowie Aquatic Reserve have now been posted on the aquatic reserves page of the PIRSA Fisheries web site. The files are in PDF format so they can be easily saved to the hard drive of a computer or printed out for future reference. All of the GPS coordinates have been updated and are shown in degrees, decimal minutes using GDA 94 which coincides almost exactly with WGS84. top More aquatic reserve news PIRSA Fisheries is in the process of designing a template for the development of Management Plans for South Australias aquatic reserves. Aquatic reserves are declared under the Fisheries Management Act and have a different purpose from Marine Parks. Aquatic reserves are established to protect important fish habitat, while the new proposed Marine Reserves are to meet general biodiversity conservation outcomes. The aquatic reserve template will be used to develop individual management plans for each reserve, which in turn will guide the government and community in protecting these important fish habitat areas. Fishers and the broader community will have the opportunity to comment on these plansas they are developed. top Size matters Size, bag and boat limits are an important part of everyday fishing. But have you ever caught a fish and not been sure what the size limit is or how many you can keep? Well, the answer is now just a phone call away. Callers to the PIRSA Fishwatch telephone hotline can get the latest information about fishing regulations 24 hours a day, seven days a week. All calls to the hotline are answered by a trained operator who can ensure you get the correct information about fisheries rules and avoid any awkward moments should your catch be checked by a fisheries officer. The Fishwatch phone number is 1800 065 522. top Onkaparinga fish kill result of hot spell A recent fish kill in the upper reaches of the Onkaparinga River at Old Noarlunga was probably the result of a combination of factors including Adelaide?s recent run of high temperatures according to PIRSA Fisheries. The swing bridge at Old Noarlunga effectively marks the upper extent of tidal movement into the estuary and normally water moves into the billabong on the top of the tide. A combination of lack of tidal flow into the billabong combined with a run of hot weather resulted in the depletion of oxygen levels in the river, causing a number of fish to die. A change in weather patterns has reduced the likelihood of any similar events, however members of the public are warned not to handle or collect any dead or dying fish. Officers from PIRSA Fisheries investigated the fish kill following a report by a member of the public to the 24 hour Fishwatch hotline (1800 065 522). top Weather to fish or not to fish? Weather and fishing go hand in hand. So it should come as no surprise that PIRSA Fisheries and Adelaide?s top rating news service, SAS Channel 7, should join forces to keep fishers up to date with the latest fishing news. Since 2005, PIRSA Fisheries has forwarded tips and information relating to recreational fishing issues and hotspots to Channel 7 on a weekly basis. These are compiled from information gathered from the PIRSA Fisheries network of Fisheries Officers and Fishcare Volunteers. The tips, along with the latest fishing hot spots provided to Channel 7, are then condensed and presented to viewers every Thursday night by popular journalist and weather presenter Melody Horrill. To get the latest tips and information about recreational fishing in SA, make sure you tune in to the Channel 7 News every Thursday night. Fishers will soon be able to also access the fishing tips via the PIRSA Fisheries web site. top Pipi fishery goes to quota The State?s commercial pipi fishery will now be regulated by quota in an effort to ensure its long-term sustainability. The quota management system for pipis (formerly known as Goolwa cockles) has been developed and was implemented in the commercial Lakes and Coorong Fishery in December 2007. The new system is aimed primarily at protecting and improving the biological sustainability of the resource, as well as the economic productivity of the fishery. Quota units have been allocated among eligible licence holders and the total allowable commercial catch (TACC) was set at 1,150 tonnes for the 2007/08 fishing season. New monitoring and reporting mechanisms have also been introduced in the fishery to support the quota management system. No changes have been made to recreational size or bag limits. top PIRSA Fisheries produces Fishfacts as an information service to commercial and recreational fishers. Information about regulations and other laws is provided as a summary only and does not replace the legislation. It is the responsibility of fishers to ensure that they are aware of the law and comply with it. Click here to unsubscribe Click here to join mailing list top

Some very interesting information there!Just a coupla things which immediately struck me when I first read it through:

The use of small amounts of meat for berley or bait when targeting fish such as mullet remains unchanged. It is considered unlikely that the small amounts of meat used in this way will have significant attractant properties. Fisheries Officers will use their discretion in weighing up the circumstances of its use.

This suggests that we are still in the dark when using Mullet mixes, and it'll be up to each fisheries officer to decide if we should be charged or not! Surely they can make this a little clearer, so that we at least have the chance to assess and defend our actions if we're gonna use these mixes.

Aquatic reserves are declared under the Fisheries Management Act and have a different purpose from Marine Parks. Aquatic reserves are established to protect important fish habitat, while the new proposed Marine Reserves are to meet general biodiversity conservation outcomes.

One of my main reasons for being against marine parks is that there is no transparency. The government will not release any details on marine parks until AFTER the bill has been passed and we have no choice into their implementation! Bearing in mind that this same bill gives the minister the power to change the park boundaries at any time. ie: they could get much larger!I always stated that if the government could tell us where the parks are going, what size the parks are going to be, and what valuable habitats/species the parks are designed to protect, then I'd re-assess my stance and support them!It NOW seems to me, that the parks AREN'T there to protect important fish habitats/species as I've been lead to believe, and that is actually the role of an "aquatic reserve!"Now it seems marine parks are to "meet general biodiversity conservation outcomes".Can ANYONE explain to me exactly what that means? What IS a general biodiversity outcome? WHY does a general biodiversity outcome need to be zoned for different uses with exclusion areas? WHY might a general biodiversity outcome neeed to change size at the minister's discretion? What determines where a general biodiversity outcome should be located? Do recreational fishermen target or affect general biodiversity outcomes? WHY has it been decided that we need 19 general biodiversity outcomes? WHY can't we be provided any information about these general biodiversity outcomes until after legislation has been passed?In the words of Pauline Hanson "PLEASE EXPLAIN?"Are we just being fed "poli-speak" by spin doctors? {SMILIES_PATH}/huh.gifWill it be too late when we finally wisen up to what has been forced upon us and we can no longer change?I'm VERY sceptical about all this marine park stuff, and regardless of who I speak to, or how many calls I make to relevant authorities/ministers NO INFORMATION is ever forthcoming! So WHY all the secrecy if these marine parks are such a good idea? {SMILIES_PATH}/huh.gif

The use of small amounts of meat for berley or bait when targeting fish such as mullet remains unchanged. It is considered unlikely that the small amounts of meat used in this way will have significant attractant properties. Fisheries Officers will use their discretion in weighing up the circumstances of its use.

This suggests that we are still in the dark when using Mullet mixes, and it'll be up to each fisheries officer to decide if we should be charged or not! Surely they can make this a little clearer, so that we at least have the chance to assess and defend our actions if we're gonna use these mixes.
WHAT THE??? U are not serious r u Ranger? It in no way leaves anglers in the dark!It clearly explains that meat is not ok when the amount of mince/meat used is deemed by fisheries to be fulfiling the role of attractant as opposed to the "The use of small amounts of meat for berley or bait when targeting fish". Heck the opening statement the paragraph is "The use of small amounts of meat for berley or bait when targeting fish such as mullet remains unchanged""unchanged" as in before u could use it AND, now U can use it!No Need to Confuse other fishos, whcih by now is only what can be happening. This issue has been covered and it wont change unless PIRSA change the Regulations. I know ive jumped all over this, but we've been over it before.in Summing upSmall amounts of MEAT on HOOKS = OKMEAT IN NETS, POTS or GROUND BERLEY - NOT OK I was going to leave it there, but so it is done; one final nail (hopefully)

Fisheries Officers will use their discretion in weighing up the circumstances of its use.

this "discretion" in the context of the paragraph, relates to whether, and only whether the meat used has:

significant attractant properties

and would therefore be BULK BURLEY and NOT BAIT! Irrelavant to Mullet mix on the hook.There are many laws such as Wreckless Driving which are measured in degrees and enforcers use discression, it does not mean they can do what ever they like, they may only interpret the information at hand through the requirements of the Act/Law or Regulation.It is clear if you just read it and dont try to pick it to pieces, and even then it makes sense!It is part of my job to know this stuff and i dont take it lightly because my advice could land others unknowingly in trouble. I have contaced PIRSA on many occasions and they HAVE PROVIDED ME WITH AN ASSURANCE THAT THE INFORMATION CONSISTENT WITH THAT I HAVE PROVIDED HERE, IS CORRECT.Now im going mullet fishing. {SMILIES_PATH}/kiss.gif

WHAT THE??? U are not serious r u Ranger? It in no way leaves anglers in the dark!It clearly explains that meat is not ok when the amount of mince/meat used is deemed by fisheries to be fulfiling the role of attractant as opposed to the "The use of small amounts of meat for berley or bait when targeting fish". Heck the opening statement the paragraph is "The use of small amounts of meat for berley or bait when targeting fish such as mullet remains unchanged""unchanged" as in before u could use it AND, now U can use it! they may only interpret the information at hand through the requirements of the Act/Law or Regulation.It is clear if you just read it and dont try to pick it to pieces, and even then it makes sense!I have contaced PIRSA on many occasions and they HAVE PROVIDED ME WITH AN ASSURANCE THAT THE INFORMATION CONSISTENT WITH THAT I HAVE PROVIDED HERE, IS CORRECT.

I am DEADLY serious! ESPECIALLY when I see these words together: "It is considered unlikely that the small amounts of meat used in this way will have significant attractant properties. Fisheries Officers will use their discretion in weighing up the circumstances of its use."I do not just sprout off with this stuff as "off the cuff" or "flippant" comments without doing a little homework myself!Ya throw a handful or two in to keep the mullet in the area and get them feeding, which you believe is ok as a "small amount of burley" suddenly the officer uses his "discretion" to consider it having "significant attractant properties", and you are busted!!!Oh, and can ya define "Bulk" burley for me please, coz I haven't been able to find reference to that, or parameters for that anywhere? Or is that your OWN interpretation?When it comes to law and legislation, it's very prudent to pick it to pieces, especially when it's your *rse on the line at the end of the day! After all, don't lawyers, solicitors and barristers get paid a fortune to do exactly that? And I'd rather pick it to pieces and question it NOW, instead of being forced to pay these high priced individuals to do it for me, AFTER the fact when I'm required to stand up in court and fight to clear my name and have stupid charges quashed!And I'm sure when it comes to the crunch, me standing up in court and saying "Yak said it's ok, coz it's his job to know these things" is NOT gonna be considered a valid defence!When it comes to law, things are written in black and white! NO law, or the interpretation of a law should ever be left to ANYONE'S discretion! That is a job the courts are set up to determine, and it's what judges are paid for, NOT fisheries officers. Fisheries officers simply apply fisheries laws as they are written, but they do NOT use their own discretion! After all, isn't one fisheries officer's discretion different to the next fisheries officer's discretion, and the next, and the next, and the next?And I also ask once again, if the information is correct, why do fisheries refuse to put it in writing for us?I have also contacted PIRSA on many occasions, coz it's the problem with these laws. The law stands as it is, but it's open to "interpretation" and even fisheries keep re-interpreting their own laws, and that's why they keep doing backflips on these issues and changing them on a weekly basis! they're NOT changing the law which you so rightly point out remains unchanged! They instead change their INTERPRETATION of that unchanged law!We need to have these things clarified, and put into writing! Now I DID have it in writing, but the following week fisheries RE-INTERPRETED their own act, once again, changing the rules on us!So are YOU serious that I should now take your word that this wont happen again, or that fisheries officers are infallible and all consistent in their discretionary powers?If ya wanna use reckless driving as an example, let's also look at the speed cameras! How many thousands of times has it been proven that these things are just plain WRONG? Just like the discretion of a fisheries officer can be wrong! It takes the little man to question it though, in an attempt to clear his own name, otherwise it's just a case of "the law is the law and you should all know better!" Me personally, I don't wanna end up in court coz of someone's "own discretion" in weighing up what that individual deems a "small amount" or a "significant attractant!" Just like I dont go to court for speeding "a bit", drinking "a tad" or catching a "smallish" fish! Give us some parameters to work with, and set some boundaries, just like every other law in this country requires! None of this "we'll use our own discretion at the time". All that does is leave every angler open and liable to fines and/or prosecution! So YES, I believe it still leaves us very much in the dark, and I'm totally serious about that!If YOU'RE happy with discretionary powers of individuals, and the way this law stands, I'd suggest that to be quite a naieve attitude, suggesting you've had very little to do with the law and it's application.
Guest dabilda
Ya throw a handful or two in to keep the mullet in the area and get them feeding, which you believe is ok as a "small amount of burley" suddenly the officer uses his "discretion" to consider it having "significant attractant properties", and you are busted!!!
You yourself said it there Ranger, Burley, which is illegal. To use as a "Bait" for mullet as has been for years is ok.Throwing a handful every 15 mins or so is burlying and over a period of a few hours builds up as an attractant. This is illegal.Putting a pinch on a hook as a bait, as fisheries states
It is considered unlikely that the small amounts of meat used in this way will have significant attractant properties.
and therefore is legal.

You yourself said it there Ranger, Burley, which is illegal. To use as a "Bait" for mullet as has been for years is ok.Throwing a handful every 15 mins or so is burlying and over a period of a few hours builds up as an attractant. This is illegal.Putting a pinch on a hook as a bait, as fisheries states

It is considered unlikely that the small amounts of meat used in this way will have significant attractant properties.

and therefore is legal.
Ummm, then explain THIS to me please?

The use of small amounts of meat for BERLEY [/color:1c6ll0nx]or bait when targeting fish such as mullet remains unchanged. It is considered unlikely that the small amounts of meat used in this way will have significant attractant properties. Fisheries Officers will use their discretion in weighing up the circumstances of its use.

Please note their use of the word BERLEY, being OK to use, even though they ALSO say using it for burley is NOT ok! Hence the officers discretion! ???Anxiously awaiting a replyLuv Ranger! {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif

Ya throw a handful or two in to keep the mullet in the area and get them feeding, which you believe is ok as a "small amount of burley" suddenly the officer uses his "discretion" to consider it having "significant attractant properties", and you are busted!!!

Mate, I have never, ever met a mullet fisherman that uses chunks of minced red meat primarily as berley! Yes, a little of the bait mixed into bran-based berley is not unusual - it makes sense to give them a small taste of the bait you are presenting to them - but to lob dirty, big clumps of it into the gutter in front of you, well, it's not how you catch mullet.. {SMILIES_PATH}/rolleyes.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/tongue.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif Personally, I think Yak has interpreted the legislation spot on, because unless you are a complete fishing GIMP and berley up with double handfuls of minced Skippy/Daisy The Cow (and therefore, fully deserve to get locked up, and/or mentally rehabilitated! {SMILIES_PATH}/undecided.gif) a pinch of it onto a #8 long shanked hook can in no possible way be deemed in the PIRSA terminology as anything other than "small amounts of berley". {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gifCheers,Wino

Ummm, then explain THIS to me please?

The use of small amounts of meat for BERLEY [/color:24nd5l8b]or bait when targeting fish such as mullet remains unchanged. It is considered unlikely that the small amounts of meat used in this way will have significant attractant properties. Fisheries Officers will use their discretion in weighing up the circumstances of its use.

Please note their use of the word BERLEY, being OK to use, even though they ALSO say using it for burley is NOT ok! Hence the officers discretion! {SMILIES_PATH}/huh.gif
Because Fisheries Officers obviously know what to mix into their BERLEY[/color:24nd5l8b] when fishing for mullet.. {SMILIES_PATH}/rolleyes.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/kiss.gif They're even giving away their secrets by the wording in the legislation.. What more do ya want?? {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gifCheers,Wino

I still find it very dificult to accept that:Meat cannot be used in any state waters, but you can still use it in state waters.Meat is not ok for burley, but it is ok for burley.How much is ok, how much is a little, how much is too much? We'll decide when the time comes, coz there's nothing in the rules about that, and we reseve the right to decide when and if we feel like it!I sure wish all laws were like that! No officer, I'm just a BIT drunk, and I was only speeding a LITTLE, so use ya discretion and let me go!Oh, and I'm not suggesting throwing bucketloads of skippy into the water to brain a mullet, but meat mixed with breads/brans/grains/cereals is still meat, which ya cant use as burley except when you're using it as burley! As long as the officer of the day deems it ok and not an attractant, which any burley certainly is, but you wont know that until he uses his powers of discretion! {SMILIES_PATH}/huh.gif

If the [i:1xpmeunb]base[/i:1xpmeunb] or majority of the berley is bran, therefore small amounts of mince, cockles, worm or gents - whatever bait you use to catch mullet - have to be deemed as 'secondary'; which would also be deemed as 'minor'; which can only be 'small' in comparison to the larger portion of the berley mix. {SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gifI always carry decent sized snap lock bags in my backpack when I go fishing for mullet. If anyone is worried about being "busted", I recommend you keep a stock with you when you mullet-fish, and if a Fisheries officer ever tries to exercise his 'discretion' and deem under the PIRSA legislation that the sprinkling of mince that you mix into your mullet BERLEY [/color:1xpmeunb] - consisting of 95% bran - does not comply with the Fisheries laws, bag up a sample for him/her and insist on a 'berley assessment' from his superior! {SMILIES_PATH}/tongue.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gifCheers,Wino

If the [i:25a3g63h]base[/i:25a3g63h] or majority of the berley is bran, therefore small amounts of mince, cockles, worm or gents - whatever bait you use to catch mullet - have to be deemed as 'secondary'; which would also be deemed as 'minor'; which can only be 'small' in comparison to the larger portion of the berley mix. {SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gifI always carry decent sized snap lock bags in my backpack when I go fishing for mullet. If anyone is worried about being "busted", I recommend you keep a stock with you when you mullet-fish, and if a Fisheries officer ever tries to exercise his 'discretion' and deem under the PIRSA legislation that the sprinkling of mince that you mix into your mullet BERLEY [/color:25a3g63h] - consisting of 95% bran - does not comply with the Fisheries laws, bag up a sample for him/her and insist on a 'berley assessment' from his superior! {SMILIES_PATH}/tongue.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif

I like it!!! {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gifListen guys, maybe I need to clarify things here!I was just reading back through this thread, and even I got the impression that I came on pretty strong.Yak works in a tacklestore, so it's us lot who rely on him to feed us correct and up to date information we can trust! He's done his best, contacting fisheries, trying to stay abreast of what's going on, and providing us with accurate information! He should be commended for going to these lengths!The problem here is fisheries themselves, and I've been battling this one out for months now, coz the laws are ridiculous, and fisheries keep changing their interpretation of their own laws, so when it comes to issues such as meat in crab nets, burley, mullet mixes, etc, EVERYONE is bl**dy confused, and having real problems staying abreast of how things stand from week to week.It was not so long ago I was in contact with fisheries and Will Zacharin, and it seems even fisheries officers are/were confused, coz no-one could give me a straight answer, and answers differed dependant on who you talked to on the day.I finally got a letter from Will Zacharin, stating it was OK to use chicken carcasses in crab nets, but then the next week they changed their interpretation of the regulation, and it was no longer ok.Likewise, I was told NO RED MEAT can be used in state waters, now that has changed again!These backflips are leaving us all in the dark, confused and frustrated!Now after this latest update, it seems while we can't use red meat, we now CAN use red meat (both at the same time), but fisheries officers have the discretion to determine if we are using it within set parameters, and as far as I'm concerned, if they can't set guidelines or parameters for us to follow, this simply is not on, coz we are the one's who are liable to prosecution if we get it wrong, and it's OUR name that's dragged through the mud, while we end up out of pocket paying huge sums to fight against stupid fines in a court of law! Either that, or we just pay the silly fine to get it out of the way, and our name as a responsible angler is forever tarnished with a conviction against us!Fisheries have had plenty of time now to get this one right, and at the end of the day, it's not really about the danger of attracting sharks anyway! It's all about the mess left by irresponsible anglers, leaving rotting carcasses behind, and the consequent uproar by concerned citizens!Fisheries know as well as we do, that a chicken carcass or lamb shank has no more chance of attracting a shark than a lump of tuna or fish head. Yet tuna and fish heads are ok, while chicken and red meat have been outlawed!Then they backflipped once we all started to kick up a stink about Mullet mixes.They still didn't get it right though, coz they are saying that it's all about "significant attractant properties!" Let's look at Berley! Berley: (n) Ground bait for fish!Berley is a BAIT used as an attractant! Yet we cant use berley as an attractant, and if we do, it's up to each fisheries officer's discretion as to whether is constitutes a significant attractant? COME ON!!! All burley is an attractant, and ya don't need much at all to BE an attractant!So the mullet fisherman throws in a small handful of berley containing meat, around the mouth of a river to attract the mullet! What then happens when the mullet show up, come onto the bite, and a shark is attracted by the school of feeding mullet! Is the fisherman then responsible? After all, he used the red meat in his berley to attract the mullet which in turn attracted the shark! Was it the burley or the fish which attracted the shark? We all know sharks and mulloway feed on mullet, and when the mullet are on the chew, mullet makes a great livebait for these larger predators which can then be found hanging around to score an easy feed!Now personally, I've been against these silly laws to start with! I firmly believe chicken/lamb has no more chance of attracting sharks than a whole fish or fish portions, and that we SHOULD still be able to use it.Likewise Mullet mixes and burleys have been the accepted form of consistent mullet catches for decades, and this stands no more chance of attracting sharks than burleying up with munched pilchards and oils!YES we should still be able to use this stuff, and fisheries need to get their laws and interpretation of their laws down pat after all this time, instead of instituting discretionary powers which we as anglers cant quantify, and cant protect ourselves against, by guaranteeing we remain below acceptable levels (levels which they can't provide us with, but is instead left up to DISCRETION!)At the end of the day though, we can't just blame fisheries for their ineptitude! We actually brought this on ourselves, by being irresponsible, and leaving crap laying around everywhere which p*ssed off residents and locals, prompting them to get out complaining, and trying to have us ousted from their areas! Can't say I blame them either, coz many of our jetties have been a damn discrace!It's up to each of us to act responsibly, and prove to the community at large that we aren't the irresponsible, loud, drunken, littering and polluting larrikans that we've been portrayed as for so long!If we don't change our ways and clean up our own act, before long you'll see the no fishing and no crabbing signs starting to go up on all our jetties and foreshores! Don't think it wont happen, coz talk has already begun in some council districts!

I didn't mean to start a fight here just posted it as I thought it would interest everyone.So is everyone going to use LURES and FLIES now {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif

I've already started buying every bream lure there is, and in every colour too {SMILIES_PATH}/rolleyes.gifSo Yak, the Bottom line is......Use a SMALL amount on your hook, and a LITTLE amount through your burley, and everyone is happy

No fight mate! You actually posted a very informative topic! I've just had a bee in my bonnet about this one for a long time now, and one which I've made fisheries well aware of!I just want them to get this law right, so we don't suffer, get fined or be prosecuted by not knowing, being confused, or being ignorant of their silly laws which change weekly.Get me started on the marine parks! Gail Gago MLC, where are ya!! >:(

MATE! I saw the heading of your topic on Aquatic Reserves, and that's gonna be my next port of call, coz I'm really up min arms about the marine parks, and I've been contacting politicians for over two years now on that one!Do I really have to stop at 1000 words, coz I'll give ya volumes if'n ya get me started! {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gifI'll have problems with the quotes though, coz I cant get any of em to break their sacred vows of silence on this marine parks issue! {SMILIES_PATH}/angry.gif:(" title="Angry" />

I'll have problems with the quotes though, coz I cant get any of em to break their sacred vows of silence on this marine parks issue! {SMILIES_PATH}/angry.gif:(" title="Angry" />

that's cool {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif I'll write back to ya and you can qoute most of what i write {SMILIES_PATH}/tongue.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gifUndecided on these parks myself actually {SMILIES_PATH}/smiley.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/rolleyes.gifBut we'll leave that for another thread ey {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif

I didn't mean to start a fight here just posted it as I thought it would interest everyone.So is everyone going to use LURES and FLIES now {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif

I've already started buying every bream lure there is, and in every colour too {SMILIES_PATH}/rolleyes.gifSo Yak, the Bottom line is......Use a SMALL amount on your hook, and a LITTLE amount through your burley, and everyone is happy
Perhaps you should move onto fly fishing for Bream Harder and lots of frustration oops I mean fun {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif

Yeah I couldn't have said it better myself either.....oh hang on, I DID!!! {SMILIES_PATH}/rolleyes.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/tongue.gifI [i:3szxbfmw]thought[/i:3szxbfmw] there was an echo in here.. {SMILIES_PATH}/tongue.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gifCheers,Wino

personally, I couldn't be a*sed reading through this film script thread, so i SIMPLIFIED it, and got straight to the point... Sorry if i stole your thunder GH {SMILIES_PATH}/embarrassed.gif

personally, I couldn't be a*sed reading through this film script thread, so i SIMPLIFIED it, and got straight to the point... Sorry if i stole your thunder GH {SMILIES_PATH}/embarrassed.gif

Not at all BB, just pullin' the pi$$ mate.. {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gif Just me being a clown. {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gifEasier solutions is USE GENTS - the [i:797z5mtu]other[/i:797z5mtu] white meat.. {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gifCheers,Wino