Guest shagging
pescados wrote:

For those of you who partake in the amber liquid, the bottles are recyclable, now the caps are too.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05_LU3F4fhg&NR=1

I saw that pesc as i was looking how to make timber lures! pretty cool stuff! :):)

well.................i wouldnt knock it until i tried it,however i think he could of showed us a bit of footage that they actually work! :unsure: ..................and if they do they will be cheaper than the $50 worth of lures that ive been loosing weekly lol :angry:....................not having a good run lately :S

krustykrab wrote:

well.................i wouldnt knock it until i tried it,however i think he could of showed us a bit of footage that they actually work! :unsure: ..................and if they do they will be cheaper than the $50 worth of lures that ive been loosing weekly lol :angry:....................not having a good run lately :S

no such thing as a lure that doesnt work... some work better than others, but i personally dont think its the shape or the coloure... more the movment in the water.the other week, vb4me and myself hit a local beach for some fishing... he on the lures and plastics, me on the bait.i got a surprise when we had fish swimming around our knees thats for sure... all undersize , BUT they were that hungry, they were hitting my bare hooks AND my lead sinker, when i just dropped it down 6 inchs in front of me.ive made lures out of stainless round bar, highly polished, and i made one out of a shaped broom stick,with dots painted on it, with a hole bored the lentgh of it to add some round bar for casting weight.both have caught fish , and cost me 20 mins, and around a buck for the split rings and hooks.the polished stainless round bar was killer on salmon.. lost the bloody thing though trying for st's on the rocks... :(
krustykrab wrote:

Make some up krusty and if you lose them, it has to be cheaper that shop bought lures.
pescados wrote:

krustykrab wrote:

Make some up krusty and if you lose them, it has to be cheaper that shop bought lures.
like i said i wont knock it until i try it...............maybe i will ;) .........has anyone actually tried it yet??? let us know how you go!.............maybe i might keep a couple of tops when i buy the next slab B) ......interesting
  • 3 weeks later...

Obviously not a new idea but whatever works.http://www.fishyfishing.com/News/article/sid=6.htmlMakes you wonder what really makes a lure so appetising to fish. Is it the sparkle that metals give off if so then why do sp's work so well? Is it the colours? What about the scents that are applied or inbuilt to some lures?? The vibrations created as the lure "swims" through the water? Blades really seem to attract fish from what I have experienced. Maybe looking like a natural bait? Or is it that a fish will have a shot at anything that is in its path that looks meal sized????

krustykrab wrote:

there is footage on you tube of them catching fish ;) they do look shit and probably have f all action but they would be great for fish like st's/flathead that eat anything that moves :)