Mad Max finally blooded

Nothing huge But Max finally has some snapper blood on its grips.....Went for an early mornin fish hoping that Nev had left some snapper for others to catch :laugh::laugh: Conditions were calm but foggy. I couldnt even see Whyalla from where I was fishing, come to think of it, it was that bad I couldnt even see my car which was only 100m away :ohmy: During the first hour I caught 4 undersize snapper with the last one being the smallest :( Then things went quiet for about 20 mins before I noticed the tip of Max tapping away slowly. I picked the rod up and let it tap a few more times and the last bite felt a whole lot better so I gave it a whack and :woohoo: :woohoo: I was on. Didnt feel like a big fish at all but was definitely a snapper and at least this time I could tell there was something on the end of my line. Ok it was only 40cm but it was a legal.Posted ImageNext up was a whopper of a cuttlie. Felt like I was dragging up 9 kilo of weed. Cant keep em when they are caught there so off he went. 4 other cuttlies were caught and released before Nev turned up after havin a text sent to him with Max's first legal red. Then things went quiet for a while before I had a small run on the alvey but nothin at the other end when I picked up the rod.Nevs alvey was unusually quiet whilst mine kept gettin small runs but no hookups??? I did however finally manage to hook up another snapper which felt like something of good size. But wasnt to be. Another at 40cm :( The last fish landed was a 48cm salmon which put on quite an acrobatic display.Oh well No big reds but red is red so begins the snapper slaying career of Mad Max :silly: :laugh::laugh:Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

he is a midget.. im 7 ft tall... :) i wish... vb towers over me, but then .EVERYONE towers over me.was good to see maxy get a workout, and it was actually a lot more bent in that pic a couple of seconds before... typical of my camera phone.. take a pic, and 3 seconds later the shutter actually goes off....maxy has some smell at last, couple of pannies, and a couple of salmon, and also a cuttlfish wing....picture this.... kirk has some old, and smelly cuttly wings, cuts them in half, one for bait, the other to be thrown out as berley... a mad fling of the flap from 30 foot away, and yep... directly into the rod about half way up...couldnt do it again if tried... hheheheheme? never had a bite.....thats fishing.well vb .. told ya you and that rod had some fish in them.... now for an official large snapper to be caught on it.... its coming mate... stick with it.

ScaleyTom wrote:

afishyfish wrote:

ScaleyTom wrote:

I think afishyfish is a little mixed up :laugh:

:blush: Youi guys should be Taswegians :silly: :dry: ;)
Worse still Whyallains :silly: :kiss:
if that means we can catch quality fish from the rocks or a boat, i will gladly call myself that...
rocknev wrote:

ScaleyTom wrote:

afishyfish wrote:

ScaleyTom wrote:

I think afishyfish is a little mixed up :laugh:

:blush: Youi guys should be Taswegians :silly: :dry: ;)
Worse still Whyallains :silly: :kiss:
if that means we can catch quality fish from the rocks or a boat, i will gladly call myself that...
:laugh::laugh::laugh: Good call Nev B)
:laugh::laugh: Cheeers blokes. Was beginning to think it was just a salmon rod there for a while cos thats all I seemed to be catching with it. But its had a taste of red now so hopefully a large model is on the cards soon.Softy I keep bein told you get the odd salmon around the rocks but I seem to have been getting them with a bit of consistency... Why?????? :unsure: Max is certainly an impressive looking rod. Funny thing is nevs snyder is supposed to be 153 inches but only looks 6-9 inches shorter than max??? I have measured Max and he is definitely a 177 inch rod I had a cast with Nevs today and it doesnt feel anywhere as long, it does actually feel much more like my 12 foot shimano.
ScaleyTom wrote:

vb4me wrote:

Hey its not the size that counts its how you use it :lol::lol: I hope :blush:

Thats it bro......the next challenge is to bring Mad Max into my tinnie.Should be fun :woohoo: :woohoo:
Would that be using SP's or bait :laugh: A rod off AFF????? Mmmmm ok ducky :blink: :silly: :silly: That would be kinda funny :lol: