penn senator 9/0 line

southslide wrote:

yea braids costly was justy gunna use ebay braid can get 1000-1200 mtrs of 50-100lb for like 60bux posted lol.. iv got the silver spool, what brand line shoukld i go with??

Your got the same as mine use to run 1000 mtrs 50lb ( 24 kilo )pretest now i run 500 mtrs of 70 lb schroder any good quality mono should do :cheer:

im taking it in on the 15th to get rebuilt and a new drag set put in.yea i'll go mono 50-70lb i can see what people mean i have got some nice cuts from braid i dont realy wana see what happens when your directing line onto your spool and the shark/ray wants to make a sudden fast run :S hahacheers scott.

southslide wrote:

im taking it in on the 15th to get rebuilt and a new drag set put in.yea i'll go mono 50-70lb i can see what people mean i have got some nice cuts from braid i dont realy wana see what happens when your directing line onto your spool and the shark/ray wants to make a sudden fast run :S hahacheers scott.

should be all good a fully worked 9/0 blueprinted and balanced all ready to go . What rod are u going to use :) cheers
  • 2 weeks later...
spartan wrote:

southslide wrote:

should be all good a fully worked 9/0 blueprinted and balanced all ready to go . What rod are u going to use :) cheers
went and got a new rod for it today as i snapped the rod i was using on a big smoothie, ended up getting a 24kg 5.7' shimano backbone ellite with a roller tip, the rod n reel combo's probly overkill for what im gunna get land based but it looks sik :P cheers scott