bait stuck in deep freezer

k shoulda thought this one through but didnt :) i have a 200ltr bait freezer and in the bottom it has a shelf the compressor is under,now between this shelf and the edge of the freezer is the exact size of a 10 kilo bag of pillies if you take them out the box (still in the clear bag) but and this is a big but if you wedge them in there when half frozen once fully frozen THEY DO NOT COME BACK OUT and become at 1 with the freezer.now the problem is this what do i do with the rest of the bait while i defrost the freezer to get the bag of pillies out :blink::blink: or do i just say bye bye to them and pretend they dont exist untill the end of shark season when they will be the only thing left :silly:

I've had a similar problem with my freezer before. I just emptied it and put some warm water around the sides to get the freezer up to temp so it wont freeze anything then poured the kettle over the frozen stuck item and after a jug or two they are free!Then while its empty you may as well give it a quick clean then turn it back on and load it back up :)

Esky's and insulated boxes.ice over the top to keep everything in A1 condition. Cold shed floor helps plenty also.Doesnt take long for things to loosen up if the door is left open.Actually, this thread is a bit of a reminder as I need to do my freezers before things heat up too much and it becomes hard to keep things in good condition

• 2 weeks later...